RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 23-09-2010 12:03 PM

How deep in do you want to get Mark because there is a wealth of information out there on the world wide web. But Helen's right.

For me, when I go into a psychotic episode I usually get: tactile (touch), visual and auditory (voices) hallucinations as well as delusions, paranoia, confused or disordered thinking, and the changed emotional response (also referred to technically as "negative affect") which means that I respond differently to things emotionally.

This is an Australian TV (and the like) site and the fact sheet reads okay just for a basic introduction to give you a general idea.
This one is from a more medically based location but doesn't try to go too in depth.

I don't know which will suit you better or if neither will but it might give you a handle on what you are searching for.

The big problem with information for all mental health conditions is that the symptoms vary so much from individual to individual. AND sometimes from episode to episode.

*hugs Mark*

*glomps Helen*

Doikers 23-09-2010 12:41 PM

Thankyou Kahlia , those links look useful :) *Hugs*

I just got back from the Cyber Cafe where I volunteer , there was 4 volunteers and only 1 customer so they told me to come back at 3pm :S I got soaked in the rain , am SO triggered , the Cyber Cafe sending me away is like the straw that broke the camels back what with My GP messing up my Diaz and My friend being ill and I'm so worried about her and just want to help but don't know how . I've got so many pent up feelings and I don't know what to do with them :S:S:S:S

The One Who 23-09-2010 12:47 PM

Wow, a cyber cafe! I always knew they were around, but never actually seen or been in one. I'm sorry you are triggered though Mark *hugs* can you do something like play a game or go for a walk or something, just to release some of the feelings?

I'm not feeling much better today.

Doikers 23-09-2010 01:07 PM

*Hugs Claire* I'd never been in one before I started volunteering a few weeks ago either . I e-mailed my volunteer worker even though she doesn't work Thrusdays but I had to e-mail someone, and I made an entry in my paper journal , not huge but hey .I also cut , it was all too much .it's dressed up now .

I'm sorry you are not feeling well Claire :(

I think I NEED to lie down :S

The One Who 23-09-2010 01:09 PM

*hugs* go for a lie down if you feel you need one.

MammaMia 23-09-2010 01:56 PM

*hides in her corner and cries*

Sorry.
*returns hugs and glomps to those who gave me them*

one_step_closer 23-09-2010 03:02 PM

*hugs everyone*

SoMuchMore 23-09-2010 04:04 PM

*hugs kahlia, lindsay, jill, and claire*

*hugs helen* whats wrong hun? you dont need to be sorry.

*hugs mark* im sorry about your friend. I hope she recovers okay. You've got a lot going on right now it seems, no wonder you're stressed. Hope that you stay safe, and that laying down for a little helps.

my um.. my dog was put down last night :'( Its been a long time coming but.. yeah.

shadowedsoul 23-09-2010 04:56 PM

Cuddles all. Argh what the hell is it with today. . Curls up and hides

nicole94 23-09-2010 04:59 PM

*hugs everyone then hides and writes in her diary*

Doikers 23-09-2010 05:02 PM

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Nicole*

*Hugs Jill*

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Laura* I'm SO sorry to hear about your dog .

FlyingNy 23-09-2010 05:07 PM

*Hugs everyone* Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your friend/person you know. I found out an old lady I used to see around a lot died. I didn't know her that well, but it's just kinda sad y'know...I hope your friend gets better soon, and I hope you feel better too.

*Hugs Mark* You can always let out all those pent up feelings on one massive long rant on here. No one's going to mind. I know the feeling. Trust me.

*Hugs Laura* Sorry about your dog :(

*Hugs Helen* What's up honey?

*Hugs Claire* I'm sorry you're not feeling any better, I hope you do soon. :(

*Hugs Lindey* How you feeling today?

*Hugs Nicole* How are you today?

nicole94 23-09-2010 05:09 PM

*hugs mark and lia* how are you both?
lia-i'm ok thanks, a bit triggerd but more tired really.

Doikers 23-09-2010 05:37 PM

So.......I got back to the Cyber Cafe as I was told only to be told by a different guy that they already had a volunteer and I was to come back Wednesday to arrange a shift on Saturday *Sigh* I don't drive so I've walked over an hour back and forth to that place and didn't get to volunteer which I'm spuposed to be doing to get my self esteem and confidence increased *Sigh* and I got wet walking :S A little pissed off that they are messing me about :S

*Hugs Lia* How are you ?

nicole94 23-09-2010 05:40 PM

*huggles mark* i'm sorry they keep messing you about with shifts. is there anyone there that you can talk to to get it resolved?

Doikers 23-09-2010 05:53 PM

*Huggles Nicole* I think I'll just wait and go in next Wednesday but I WILL be bringing this up with Anne from the Volunteer Beuro . I'm mentally exausted ........

nicole94 23-09-2010 05:57 PM

aaaw. *hugs* it's not right of them to mess you around like this, make sure you tell someone.
for some reason i really want to go to college tomorrow....and i'm not supposed to go in on fridays. lol

FlyingNy 23-09-2010 05:57 PM

Guys...

nicole94 23-09-2010 06:03 PM

lia....?

Doikers 23-09-2010 06:15 PM

Lia , you okay?