RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Films you couldnt finish. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215166)

DestroyMe 01-12-2013 06:06 AM

a few for me were:
Trainspotting - I got to the part with the baby and was just so creeped out I had to stop watching it.
Karla- it took me four or five times to actually finish this movie..it's so massively triggering and upsetting and no
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo/any of the following movies (the original swedish versions)- triggering....other then that it was just boring and confusing.
I've had to sit through A Beautiful Mind in my psych class in high school and it made me really uncomfortable. :ermm:

frenchhorn 01-12-2013 11:09 AM

Brokeback Mountain-just found it dull and not interesting
Gone with the Wind- watched the beginning, then got so bored I left my mum and sister to it, then just told them to tell me when it was the famous line at the end, so I watched that bit.

Those are the two films I have stopped watching, but there have been plenty of films I have watched and wished I hadn't bothered at all because they were so bad and boring.

0HRP1 13-12-2013 01:17 AM

One of the original Star Wars films that they remastered and re-released just before the sequels er,i mean prequels, I think so anyway came out, went to watch one of them and fell asleep, very tedious.

I'm surprised many of you didn't like Slumdog Millionaire, I was expecting to hate it I must admit but I was surprised how gripping it was. When you hear the term feel good film of the year I always want to reach for the sick bag but that was a very dark brooding film which has a glimmer of light at the end.

I struggled to watch Reservoir Dogs when he was slicing the policeman's ear off, I had to cover my eyes at that bit but I did make it till the end of the film.

Haleigh.xx 13-12-2013 08:51 AM

Requiem for a Dream.

I just couldn't get into it.

Isoverity 15-12-2013 01:56 PM

Shuan of the Dead

consequential 15-12-2013 08:46 PM

Elysium. I tried to watch the whole thing and it has to be really bad for me to turn off a film cos I'd watch anything.

michelo tomato 23-12-2013 02:23 AM

star wars - what a load of rubbish.

Derio 23-12-2013 09:02 AM

There are soo many films I’ve not been able to finish and that sentiment seems to be getting worse the older I get.

The lone ranger
Pain and gain
Silver lining
Moonrise kingdom
Trainspotting
The godfather
The departed

And most recently “Once bitten”: one of Jim Carreys early films which I had neither the stomach nor the patience to finish.

SirEffinBarsteward 23-12-2013 09:33 AM

The new Lone Ranger was god awful i turned it off after the first 15 minutes so im with you on that one Papio

Lluviazul 24-12-2013 01:15 AM

Pacific Rim... i tried

Tig 24-12-2013 01:33 AM

'Feels So Good' - I watched only a little bit of it, it was terrible.

Blue&Grey 30-01-2014 11:52 PM

My family turned off Hancock within the first ten minutes.
I know there have been others, but my brain has decided to take a nap.

Blue&Grey 30-01-2014 11:54 PM

I've noticed a lot of people saying Trainspotting... why is that? Is is because it is triggering? Or is it because people just genuinely don't like it? I thought it was amazing myself, but then again, I've never dealt with that sort of situation.

Blue&Grey 30-01-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becca (Post 3685158)
It's really really rare for me not to finish a film. The only one I haven't been able to finish was Melancholia.

There are plenty I have hated though!

My mother LOVES this movie. She made me watch the entire thing with her the first time. After that I refused.

I'm all for "artsy, atmospheric" movies, but this one bored me to tears/ was incredibly depressing for no apparent reason. I felt pretty awful afterwards.

Enthused 31-01-2014 10:40 AM

^ I agree Trainspotting is a great film and a great book.

Amziee 31-01-2014 04:24 PM

Pacific Rim, turned it off after about 20 minutes.
Grave Encounters 2, stopped watching after 30 minutes < I gave it a good chance.
All the Twilight Saga, boring as hell for me .
Rock of Ages, that film is just too awkward to watch, made me cringe.

Selmo 31-01-2014 05:34 PM

The Birds, it takes too long to get into it...
Django, the theme tune is too repetative so it annoyed me

zombiehunter 02-02-2014 02:52 PM

Inglorious bastards

too long it drags on and I got bored with it so decided to watch something else.

Pearls&roses 04-02-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinxie (Post 3680982)
I actually felt physically sick just reading the synopsis of that

Me too! Good god..

Captainshiny 04-02-2014 05:49 PM

I was watching Avatar the other day, not realising it was split up into two DVD's. After finishing the first part, I only just realised the second DVD was missing. So I couldn't watch the second half :(