RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Beyond repair. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248931)

one_step_closer 25-04-2019 06:51 PM

Baseline is better, I'm glad things are starting to improve. It would be really great if you could get better than your baseline.

chinahorse 28-04-2019 10:18 PM

I am having intrusive suicidal thoughts. I want to self harm to make them go away.

Stellata 29-04-2019 09:22 AM

How are things now?

tamobhuuta 29-04-2019 11:30 AM

Hope you got through the night ok x

one_step_closer 29-04-2019 06:37 PM

How are you doing? I hope things are at least a bit better.

chinahorse 30-04-2019 06:39 PM

Was discharged from crisis today. They went to the wrong place and so it was done without any meeting between me, them and my cpn.

I also found out today that the therapist I'm meant to start with in the autumn is going on long term sick leave.

So now I have no immediate support and no long te treatment. I don't see a point any more. I really don't.

one_step_closer 01-05-2019 06:58 PM

That's pretty ridiculously planned out. Will you still be seeing your CPN?

chinahorse 05-05-2019 08:13 PM

I've just blood let. Not too much. I can't go to hospital and the cut doesn't need it. It got me sectioned last time. Last time I was taken to resus. Need support.

Auror. 05-05-2019 08:28 PM

Lillie, it sounds like you need to get medical attention. I agree you are in desperate need of support. Please get medical attention.

chinahorse 05-05-2019 08:30 PM

I don't want to argue about getting medical attention. Please. Please.

chinahorse 05-05-2019 08:30 PM

I'm calm and not dizzy or anything. I just want to know I'm not alone.

Fire Fly 05-05-2019 08:44 PM

Lillie, what would you like from the above comment? Camden was trying to support you and make caring comment. We aren’t going to pretend you don’t need medical attention.

How can we support you lively.

chinahorse 05-05-2019 09:19 PM

How do I just keep going when I have no professional sup port and no future treatment planned now? Things mentally haven't changed for a long time and I'm tired. I'm also physically in pain all the time and it sucks.

I didn't mean to worry anyone. Sorry.

Auror. 05-05-2019 09:47 PM

I know you're in an awful place, and I get that things are bad. I'm sorry. You don't deserve to be constantly let down by a system that is meant to help you. It's so clear that you are hurting and struggling and need support.

I know I had a friend help me set up a gofundme to try to get me some money for things recently. Is something like that worth a try? I don't know if reaching out to advocacy groups via email and explaining your situation and that things need to be done electronically and not in person might work? That way you can send emails when you aren't at work? I've actually had decent success with places when I explain that due to my disabilities, I need to communicate by different means (electronically) and on a different schedule (i.e. evenings, or sometimes long delays between my replies or getting requested information).

I don't know that I have any answers, but I hope that if physically something starts to feel abnormally wrong or just not quite right that you will get medical attention. You have a right to be in control of your body and those choices, and you likely know your limits best. It's just really hard to offer emotional support when you've stated you are in a potentially dangerous physical state.

One thing my therapist human has explained to me also is that your mind is unable to process information correctly when physically compromised (or when it thinks it is compromised). It puts your brain in a state where it doesn't have the capacity to process information and make connections in ways that allow you to learn and make changes. For me learning that was helpful, because it means that if I want to be able to put myself in the best position possible to change things, I need to take care of myself and stay safe. I'm not saying I'm perfect, or that it doesn't mean behaviors don't exist for a reason. Just it means that when in a state of physical or mental distress, it isn't the best time to necessarily have long discussions about life or options? Those tend to need to wait until things are a bit more stable. Which really sucks when you tend to be in a constant state of crisis. For me, with my therapist human what we're working on is just little things I can try to do. Little nice things, and little routine things, even when everything else in my life is falling apart. It doesn't make everything better, but it helps create some gray area where things aren't just all awful need to be dead. You can tell me if this makes no sense.

(If any of what I wrote makes you feel uncomfortable, I'll delete, just tell me.)

one_step_closer 06-05-2019 01:58 PM

How are you today? Sorry I have no proper advice but I hear your pain and frustration. I hope there is a way for you to get the support you need and deserve.

chinahorse 06-05-2019 07:48 PM

I've read and thank you both. I have no words today but thanks.

chinahorse 06-05-2019 08:51 PM

Thinking of trying to organise some help tomorrow. Don't know if I should do mental or physical? I only have a 1 hour window so can't organise both.

Auror. 06-05-2019 10:47 PM

I'd say if you need medical assistance prioritize that maybe? Because they can also reach out to hopefully organise something mental health related and advocate for you. Also it's harder to engage in mental health stuff if physically unwell?

I dunno, either way I hope you reach out. You deserve help and support so much. <3

one_step_closer 07-05-2019 11:50 AM

I hope you have managed to organise some help today and it's useful.

chinahorse 07-05-2019 12:53 PM

Thank you both.

I booked a drs appointment for first thing tomorrow morning.