RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Dreaming. 09-10-2011 11:48 AM

Reading Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as I wanted to read it before watching the film. Recently finished Ubik by Philip K Dick

The One Who 09-10-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreaming. (Post 2978999)
Reading Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as I wanted to read it before watching the film. Recently finished Ubik by Philip K Dick

Is TTSS any good? Don't really want to commit to ordering it from the library if it's not worth it.

I've just finished reading The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood. So, so, so much better than the HBO mini-series (and in my opinion HBO can do little wrong). A really gripping read, and quite moving. All the more so for knowing that it is real.

Leni 09-10-2011 12:27 PM

Othello by Shakespeare. It was hard work but I'm pleased I managed to persevere with it. And I can give my brain a rest and get back to normal fiction again now :-D

Scaredy-cat 09-10-2011 01:53 PM

One of the chalet school books, by ebd. I find them very reassuring, because everything always comes right

nowhereman 11-10-2011 03:43 AM

Finally finished Dracula. About to start Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson. I've read two of her books already, they were so good (Speak and Wintergirls)

nowhereman 11-10-2011 08:54 AM

Twisted was so good I've finished it already. Next in line is Carry me Down by MJ Hyland.

Serendipity. 12-10-2011 01:16 AM

^I love MJ Hyland. 'Carry Me Down' was.. disturbing but really, really gripping.

Field Of Paper Flowers 12-10-2011 03:38 AM

I know it's not a book but I'm reading the Elfen Lied manga at the moment. On chapter 86 at the moment and I LOVE IT! =D Got like less than 20 chapters left now. =)

charcoal feathers 13-10-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazykat (Post 2972681)
Just finished reading 'Mummy told me not to tell' by Cathy Glass

and now i've just reading I Miss Mummy - Cathy Glass

Hobbes 13-10-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One Who (Post 2979006)
I've just finished reading The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood. So, so, so much better than the HBO mini-series (and in my opinion HBO can do little wrong). A really gripping read, and quite moving. All the more so for knowing that it is real.

I've just ordered this book after reading this. I loved the HBO mini-series but had no idea there was a book so cheers :-D

one_step_closer 15-10-2011 11:02 AM

The Night the Angels Came - Cathy Glass.

CelticWings 17-10-2011 08:47 PM

Breaking Dawn for the umpteenth time. I love Twilight and have all the movies that are out as well as the books in print and on my iphone. Have lost count of how many times have read/watched the movies. Once done I think I'll reread Eragon.

Other books I've read recently are, The Host, Dracula, Wuthering Heights, Pride & Prejudice, The Sisters Grimm up to book 5, Firestar, and Charmed-Official Movie Guide.

The War Doctor 17-10-2011 08:50 PM

I finished reading Dracula this morning and honestly, I didn't think much of it. Groundbreaking for its day, but it has aged terribly. I wouldn't read it again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

At some point tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to get started on Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett. Should be a good read. Pratchett always is.

Petrichor 18-10-2011 02:07 AM

Reading Frankenstein for class. Slowly. Also reading The Book of Human Skin for myself, not for class. Also slowly.

Field Of Paper Flowers 21-10-2011 02:40 AM

Last book I finished reading was Mini Shopaholic and I currently have bookmarks in Sex & The City and The Puppy That Came For Christmas. I haven't been in the mood for reading lately but I know I'll get back into the swing of things soon. =)

one_step_closer 22-10-2011 04:57 PM

Reality GP - Ken Moody.

Leo Pard 22-10-2011 05:05 PM

Just started 'A Picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde.
Along with a million other books too!

Dreaming. 23-10-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Femme Fatale (Post 2992580)
Just started 'A Picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde.

One of my favourites - enjoy!

Recently finished Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin which was weird but a quick little read. Still reading Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - it's good but long and pretty complicated. Also starting to read the Hitchhiker's Guide books as I recently realised I've never actually read them.

Revolving Door 23-10-2011 01:05 PM

I have read:

Dracula By Bram Stocker
Scream Angle By Douglas Smith
More Blood, More Sweat, and Another Cup of Tea By Tom Reynolds

I am currently reading:

Halfway House By Katherine Noel - I am really enjoying this.
and whilst I'm in the bath I am reading In Stitches By (can't remember!)

nowhereman 23-10-2011 11:18 PM

Just started Destined (HOuse of Night) by Pc and Kristin Cast.