RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 01-06-2010 12:10 PM

Hahahaha, I have to go queue soon for THREE hours. I must be mad right? :P Tonight's going to be amazing =]

*Jackie* 01-06-2010 12:34 PM

Thanks or the hugs and acknowledgements.

Feeling a little better..........sort of.

*curls up on a lounge somewhere to not think*

Scarletdreamer 01-06-2010 01:20 PM

Queue for what, Hels? *huggles*

Jackie, glad that you're feeling a little better. :) *hugs*

I'm at my internship now... I'm hoping I don't have to stay for the 4pm meeting as I'm supposed to be at my parents at 5pm and I want to have time to stop at home and get changed before that. GRRRRR ARGH.

Ahhh so tired...

*hides in the warren* :(

Doikers 01-06-2010 02:27 PM

Kahlia , I've had this problem with my meds making me tired and no motivation and apathetic for a while , I bought it upith my PyschDr and he said "that what those meds are supposed to do" hmmm I guess it's better than full blown constant suicidal depression and I still get Sui urges just not ALL the time but I knows I am depressed more days than I'm not :(.
Sorry

Whats you queing(Spelling?) for Helen ? :)

Scarletdreamer 01-06-2010 02:36 PM

*spies Mark and cuddles him* I'm sorry that your meds have made you numb & apathetic, but yeh, I do suppose it's better than being constantly madly suicidal. :( I wish I could help you more, love... :(

Ugh, my head hurts. I'm dehydrated I think, and I have eaten practically nothing yet today... that's probably why. :-/ But I don't want to eat my "lunch" yet as it's only 9:35am and I have hours yet before I can go home. :( Boo hiss. I hate waiting. I hate not having a lot to do. I hate no one noticing (here - at my internship) that it's my birthday. :(

I'm so sick of life. I really am. So over it. Just want it to end... and I wish that I could be HAPPY, damnit, on my birthday!! but no, I'm not. Not right now anyway. But Jarrod got me a TWLOHA shirt for my pressie and I'm wearing it now... so that makes me smile. Hehe. :)

*hides in the warren, in a deep dark corner where no one can find her*

Doikers 01-06-2010 02:40 PM

*Snuffles out April in her hidey hole and Squishes her*

Scarletdreamer 01-06-2010 02:51 PM

*squishes Mark back* You found me!! You must've used your super-April-detector... lol. :P How are you, love?

It's starting to get sunny out............ :D

Scarletdreamer 01-06-2010 03:02 PM

Oh and yeah, I updated my r/v. :-/

Am really really tired.
Am frustrated because I can't focus.
Just want to sleep.

:'(

Doikers 01-06-2010 04:38 PM

I read your R/V thread April , Hmm I wish I could have been there for you but I had an volunteer buero appoinment at 12.30 back here at 1pm ish grab some cereal for lunch and back out for accupuntctre at 3pm and I literally just got back from that now at 4.37pm

*Hugs you and will try to be there for you*

Scarletdreamer 01-06-2010 05:32 PM

It's okay, Mark. Sorry to seemingly put pressure on you when you've got so much going on. *squishes* Don't worry too much about being there for me, I'll be alright.

Got home from work early as the staff there (and my supervisor) were going to be spending most of the day out of the office, and I didn't want to be the only one there. So ta-daa, I am at home after a nice lunch out with Jarrod. :) We're heading over to my parents' in a little bit so that should be nice... :)

It's sooo quiet here today!!!!

shadowedsoul 01-06-2010 05:38 PM

Argh feeling so low just can't do this anymore.iam so sore
again, iam really iam over all of this.

Doikers 01-06-2010 07:16 PM

*Squishes April back* I don't feel under pressure , I WANT to be threre for you .It's nice that you got a part day on your birthday ,YEY!

*Hugs Jill too*

Doikers 01-06-2010 07:36 PM

O took a nap from 5.10 -7pm , I'm still tired ,I just wanna crawl back under my covers and hope for a fantastic day tomororw , which I know won't happen ,I'll just be plagued by urges until I give in and then it will be better until I realise oh I have more scars to hide and I feel low again , still might go to bed though despite the early hour , I might be up in an hour if I don't sleep . I am so very over this , over life .........:( sorry

shadowedsoul 01-06-2010 08:59 PM

Okay I was cheesed off before now I'm really cheesed off
bloody two faced mangers, here was me thinking you
were diffrent, haha I guess the jokes on me. You
work your ass off and get very little thanks. Just more
bulls*it. Why the hell iam I bothering, really want to
cut now. damn it

PoisonedApple 01-06-2010 09:24 PM

sorry for not doing individual replies... too many posts and the focus just isn't here... but wanted to update everyone on my happy news. M and J and L will be moving out by the end of the month! yay! just 2 extra people left! and my credit report should be much better come august so we're gonna try to get a loan and a house in sept or oct... *crosses fingers* we even know what one we want. *happy dances then runs off to have lunch*

xxjuliexx 01-06-2010 10:03 PM

*curls up yawning*

J.Greens 01-06-2010 11:23 PM

Just wondering, how quick is a referral?
I don't want to be wasting my time with a doctor who I haven't seen for like, 4 years.

risenfromperdition 01-06-2010 11:26 PM

*waves to everyone*

taz35 01-06-2010 11:48 PM

*gives big squishy hugs to each and every person*

*gives birthday card to April* Happy birthday

Sorry for lack of individual replies. Really struggling and trying to avoid anything that could push me over the edge. And with that, my presence on RYL has really cut down.

Hopefully I'll be back full force soon. I'm thinking of you all. <3

Scarletdreamer 02-06-2010 12:36 AM

*cuddles Taz* Awh love, I'm sorry that you're so close to going over the edge... I totally understand staying away from RYL in that case. It can be pretty triggering... that's why I just came back this year - er, I mean, 2009. Hah. Because before that I posted for a little while, then got triggered and took a break, then came back... yeah. *more cuddles* I hope you feel more stable soon - are you talking with anyone IRL about "stuff"? (sorry, I forget who's got who IRL to talk with :-S)

I'm really anxious right now, and I totally ate too much at supper... but we've got some awesome photos of my birthday. My dad even made a video, which I would share with you all except I have no idea how to post one. Haha. And plus, it would probably take up too much bandwidth. It's only about 30 seconds long but it's pretty funny. Might post it on YouTube, but I really don't want it to be public... hah. Anyway. It's just me trying to blow out the candles on my cake. :P They were the trick kind, so I was blowing... and blowing... and blowing. Lol. :-/ I hate that type of candle!! :P

I'm really, really tired right now but don't want to take a bath yet because I'm too full. (I really do think my stomach's shrinking... I can't eat half as much as I used to be able to, and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. :-S)

*cuddles everyone* Quiet day on the ward...

EDIT - J.Greens, I have no idea how to answer your question, sorry. :-/

*hugs Heather and Amy* How are you two doing?

*cuddles Crimson* That's awesome news!!! *does the happy dance just for you* :D

PoisonedApple 02-06-2010 12:44 AM

*cuddles everyone*
*waves to O*
been a busy day so far... hopefully it doesn't turn into a busy week. Moderately busy or slow (so I can catch up on my own work) would be okay but this jam packed day where I don't have time to do any of my own work is killing me... I am so far behind its getting obsurd. *repeats to self 'progress not perfection'*
Hope everyone's doing okay today.
*extra cuddles to those that need them*
Taz- we love to have you around but if it's triggering we'd rather you take care of you instead.
April- happy happy birthday!
JG- Sorry I have no answer for you...
Heather and Amy- How are you two?
*runs out the door for the court run*

risenfromperdition 02-06-2010 12:50 AM

im...fine?

xxjuliexx 02-06-2010 12:56 AM

nope not allowed to use the f word no more

MammaMia 02-06-2010 01:39 AM

*cuddles all*

April & Mark, to answer your question, albeit hours later, I was seeing Black Eyed Peas tonight. Those with standing tickets have to queue to get in -those with sitting do queue too but only when doors open- but some go hours before they open, to get to stand at the very front/nearest to the stage.

I had an amazing night once the acts started. As it was Cheryl Cole supporting them, then it was about two or so hours filled with fun of Black Eyed Peas :D :D :D

However, before that, I didn't. It built up through the day really. When I first signed on this morning, my friend immediately asked if we could start queuing at 3pm (instead of 5pm as planned) as 'apparently people are already queuing'. I told her no, that we'd go at 4pm if she was so desperate & that it wasn't likely to be true. Anyway, I stuipdly changed my mind & we started just before 3pm. It was POURING with rain the whole time. My coat & hoodie are STILL soaked now (it's 1.30am and we got in at 6.20pm!)

If that wasn't bad enough(!), she started making me feel like I didn't exist when her friends had turned up. Makes ME put their drinks into the plastic bag I had for ours. Then, I asked that everyone took their drinks before we got in, which got ignored conviently!!!

So got in, bag searched, they told me I'd have to hand in my cans. Told them it was fine, because weren't mine. Whilst I did that, my friend ran off with hers to try get to the front. But came back (or waited) for me to catch up. Then runs off again when I got stopped (again!) as had plastic bottles. So had to transfer TWO bottles of water into plastic cups. Then had to try find my friend & her mates. Eventually found them, sat down (to stand up again a few minutes later) nearly crying & in agony with foot cramp. Then she acted even more like I ****ing didn't exist. So I'd had enough by then, wanted to go home. Would have done, if hadn't been for varying reasons.

So went into the loos. When my sister texted me (my mum took her as an early birthday present, but they had seated tickets) to say they'd arrived && to describe where I was/wearing so they could try see me, when my sister phoned, as I was replying. Had already been crying but ended up sobbing down the phone to my sister.Lucky I was in a loo to be honest!! So I texted her what happened, they spent rest of the night texting/calling to check on me & would have texted about the concert anyway :D Which they did. Ugh. So had to stand on my own at the back rest of the night.

****ing back was crippling me at the end. Still aching now, as are my legs & throat. So worth the pain though, they were AMAZING!!!

Got my interview at 4.30pm today. Eeek!! My Mum helped me pick my outfit :D Bless her, she's been a real sweetheart tonight. Was totally on my side once I told her later on everything. Plus she's now coming to the last concert me & my friend should been going to. As we booked (over the peroid of 3 months) to see 4 concerts. It'll be great, because my Mum loves Leona Lewis as much as I do. She wanted to come anyway. Also, when I won competition tickets to see her last year, I took my Mum, as she loves her and we had the most amazing few hours together :D

Sorry I've not done individual replies & then had a whingefest of my own.

Kahlia1981 02-06-2010 05:35 AM

*cuddles/waves all*

Hels: except for the early part that sounds amazing!! The last live concert I went to I broke the heel (stiletto) of this chicks shoe because she kept ramming it through the toes of my shoe. She was attempting to get onto the stage (dressed in a slinky dress and so forth) to get "at" the lead singer and was getting a bit P.O.d that she wasn't getting anywhere. lol. Not quite sure what time it is there, but hoping and *crosing fingers* that the interview goes well. *huggles*

*huggles everyone*

I enrolled in my TAFE course and was able to start yesterday. I've now completed all the modules in my first subject/unit and am starting the assessment. Keeping one eye on the Marking Guide at all times. Would just be nice if I could get it done without too much hassles - like a nice slide back into study.

Hoping everyone is doing okay. Leaving behind *hugs* and *safe love and care packages* for all.

risenfromperdition 02-06-2010 05:49 AM

even though seagulls are annoying... lol

jonikd 02-06-2010 06:35 AM

*wanders in aimlessly in a slightly stunned state*

Sorry guys, I seem to have lost a few days :D Hopefully the drugs will sort me out soon and I'll be back to my funny supportive dependable self.

Thanks Taz, Helen and Mark for my hugs many pages back.

Laura, I still think about you all the time , and hope things are better for you hun. Anything I can do you let me know 'K? Normally I'm in pretty good shape x

Kahlia and April, you two are rocks here and I think about you both a lot too.

Julie, I got you OK? Keep chatting in here hun, you're a nice girl who deserves nice stuff.

Sorry I've been so absent, but know that I'm around and looking out for all of you in here, just from a really really long way away :D

*hugs all and wanders off aimlessly and in a slightly stunned state*

oh, happy happy birthday April, sorry babe I'm a little self absorbed atm. Hope you have a beautiful day beautiful *hugs tight* xx

SoMuchMore 02-06-2010 07:12 AM

Happy Birthday April!

*cuddles JK* you're so nice. Thanks hun. Same goes for you if u ever need to talk or anything.

*hugs helen* sounds like an amazing time, despite some of the negatives

*hugs mark, taz, kahlia, and julie*

Sorry i can't do more individual replies right now. I'm back at uni. I could update all of you on whats going on but i think i would wind up lying and saying "whatever" or something (i suck i know). Thinking of you though. Hope everyone is staying safe.

xxjuliexx 02-06-2010 09:07 AM

*sits* i ate to much *sniffles*

xxjuliexx 02-06-2010 09:14 AM

happy birthday april *gives presents*

Doikers 02-06-2010 10:29 AM

Sorry J.Greens I don't know where to begin answering your question , I don't really understand it sorry.

*Morning Hugs Ward*

*Does the happy dance with Crimson* :)

It sounds like you had an awesome time mostly Helen :) Yey!

MammaMia 02-06-2010 11:25 AM

Thanks guys, apart from the negative bit, it was amazing!!!

Kahlia, haha, go you!!!! Good luck with studying :)

My interview's in over 5 hours time. Getting nervous now :/

Scarletdreamer 02-06-2010 12:22 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Birthday pics... kinda large.

There. Now you guys can see what an April's birthday looks like. ;) Hehe. That's at my parents' house - how I wish our apartment was that neat and/or looked that nice!! lol. :)

Hels, best of luck at your interview!! also, I'm sorry that there was a negative bit to your concert but glad that you enjoyed it at the end. *cuddles* How're you doing now? Fourish hours til your interview - I'm sure you'll do fine. :)

Kahlia, yey on you for getting stuff completed so quickly!! :) What's TAFE stand for again? :-/ Sorry, I forget...

JK *cuddles* I'm sorry that you feel floaty/spacy/out there; med changes can do that as I know you know. I hope that you feel better soon. :( And thanks for the birthday wishes and compliment. :)

Julie, how're you, love? *cuddles* Thanks for the birthday wishes and presents!! :)

Laura, we're here for you whenever you want to talk, 'kay? *cuddles gently* I guess it's good that you're back at your uni? so you don't have to put up with your family... but at the same time, I wish that you could be happier, without having to leave. Does that make any sense? :-/ Thanks for the birthday wishes as well. :)

*tries to snuffle out where Mark has gone off to* :P

*cuddles everyone else if they can receive cuddles... and leaves out pocket-sized boxes of hugs and waves for those who can't* :)

Doikers 02-06-2010 12:59 PM

Good luck with your interview Helen :)*Hugs*

*Hugs JK* , It flat out sucks to be Zonked , I hope the meds start to do what they are supposed to do soon.

*Hugs April* You snuffled me out ! how does it feel to be 22?

*Hugs Laura* I hope you are happier than you where to be back at Uni

*Hugs Heather * A picture of a gull , :)

*Hugs Kahlia * Good luck on you new course :D

*Hugs Julie*

*Hugs the rest of the ward*
*Wonders where Oliver and Nicole have gotten too*

Scarletdreamer 02-06-2010 01:12 PM

*glomps Mark* :D How are you doing today?

I'm so tired. I really am... just want to go back to bed, but I don't want to be uber tired later and a nap at this hour (8:10am) would practically guarantee it. GRRRR. :( I'm not at my internship this morning because I'll be working at a mini Relay for Life at a middle school from 1:30-7:30pm today... ugh. :-/ Am not really looking forward to that. But maybe I'll be able to read or something... I really hope that I'll be in the shade because otherwise I'll get a wicked sunburn. :(

Oh, and Mark, it doesn't feel much different being 22. ;) Minus the fact that I've a new ring on my hand - it's a silver one, says "Fear Not" on one side and "Isaiah 41:10" on the other side. Well, on opposite sides of the ring... so I could have "Isaiah 41:10" facing up or "Fear Not" facing up... does that make sense? haha... :o It's a lovely ring and I really like it, even though we had to get it in men's size because the women's sizes were too small for my ugly fingers. :(

Anyway. *hugs everyone* ♥

MammaMia 02-06-2010 01:37 PM

*cuddles everyone*

April, you're not fat in your photos. Promise. My interview is less than 3 hours away now ARGH!! Trying to read about their company & retain some information, see if it'll be useful. Thanks for yours (and Mark's!) good luck :D

Doikers 02-06-2010 01:50 PM

I'm triggered *still* so over it , I'm kinda at a loose end which isn't helping me at all , Sui thoughts here but not welcome , sorry , on a bit of a downer .
and to reiterate what Helen Said , you are not fat in your birthday photos :) *Hugs*
I don't beleive I've ever been glomped before lol

*hugs Helen* My fingers are now crossed for you about your interview.

I'm gonna toddle off to Morrisons , put on My MP3 player and try on wash away bad thoughts with walking and music ....

Kahlia1981 02-06-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonikd (Post 2330071)
Kahlia and April, you two are rocks here and I think about you both a lot too.

Thanks so much JK. :-) *big hugs*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallinstar0317 (Post 2330083)
*hugs mark, taz, kahlia, and julie*

*hugs you* I hope that things settle for you now you are back at uni Laura, and that you start to feel a bit better away from the old hometown and the family - I don't mean that in a mean way by the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MammaMia (Post 2330268)
Kahlia, haha, go you!!!! Good luck with studying :)

Thanks Helen. *big hugs* ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarletdreamer (Post 2330346)
Kahlia, yey on you for getting stuff completed so quickly!! :) What's TAFE stand for again? :-/ Sorry, I forget...

Thanks April! TAFE stands for: Technical And Further Education. I'm doing a Diploma of Information Technology there (online) as a stepping stone because I can't do the course I want to do in the town I'm living in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2330394)
*Hugs Kahlia * Good luck on you new course :D

Thanks so much Mark. *big hugs*

Sorry I'm not up to much right now. Feeling a bit .... tired. I managed to complete just over half of the assessment required for my first subject today. I showed my housemate and he was really pleased with my work. I even showed him how to do something that he didn't know how to do which was kind of cool.

I really have to go to bed now lol. Seriously tired.

*leaves hugs and safe love and care packages and a special supply of stuffed animals for everyone*

Doikers 02-06-2010 02:49 PM

Well I'm back from my shopping (Food) trip, Music and walking definatley put off S.I. / SUI thoughts but not I'm back and want to harm, I NEED to but alongside that I really want to as well , it's unnerving , I'm going to try for a nap . just to find out if the urges pass *Nabs a stuffed toy from Kahlias pile to squish*

CrazyHayley 02-06-2010 03:17 PM

Hey there my fellow wardies - sorry for the lack of individual replies, but I'm somwhat brain fogged with M.E at the moment as Eoghan is on leave and has been stayinbg at mine whilst Reggie settles in and so I've been playing housewife it seems, lol. We've also done a few things like toddle round town and go out for a meal. I'm quite impressed how much I can manage now, even with my M.E symptoms. It just shows me how much I was actually struggling due to PMDD. Anyhoo, I kind of feel bad that I'm doing other things and not spending hours each day on RYL as I don't feel that I know whats going on with you guys and you have all been true friends and pillars of support for me. I will do my best to check in regulary though and spread love and positivity to you all, as I think of you often everyday even whilst I'm now doing my other suposedly normal things. Its weird, now I have to make time to come in here because I WANT to, whereas before I did nothing else because I couldn't cope with anything, and spent hours in here because I NEEDED to. But thats fantastic progress though right?
Oh and a belated Happy birthday to April!

Well guys, I'm going to have a rest and hope Reggie doesn't eat my carpet whilst I nap! And then I think I'm going to play some WoW whilst Eoghan is still out playing his drums. I haven't been on WoW since last wednesday eve cos of everything thats been going on with friend/bunny/sanity/eoghan's leave! I'm getting withdrawal, lol

*hugest positivity and comforting and loving filled parcels filled for everyone, each with a magic suprise that is suitable just for you!!*

MammaMia 02-06-2010 03:42 PM

Argh, interview is less than an hour, am off now :/ As have to stop off the post office first lol.

PoisonedApple 02-06-2010 04:53 PM

Wow.... been kinda slow in here. I didn't even have to click the page button to get caught up.

Good luck Helen!

Glad you're doing so well Hayley *proud of the hayleymonster*

Lovely pictures April!

Feeling any better after your nap Mark?

*cuddles JK*

*huggles everyone*

Doikers 02-06-2010 05:16 PM

*Hugs Hayley Loads* Thats fantastic Progress :)!! Truely happy for you.

I'm napped out, feel SLIGHTLY better though. :)

MammaMia 02-06-2010 05:54 PM

*cuddles all*

Doikers 02-06-2010 06:14 PM

Hey Helen * cuddles* How did the interview go ?

MammaMia 02-06-2010 08:13 PM

It went okay I think. Time shall only tell :) *cuddles Mark*

Kitkat :) 02-06-2010 09:20 PM

*waves*
Hi everyone
Been an up and down day... Saw my therapist, she's decided to start me on DBT instead.

Doikers 02-06-2010 09:36 PM

Oooh Kitkat , How do you feel about going onto DBT?

Kitkat :) 02-06-2010 09:48 PM

I wouldn't say excited... But more intrigued, really.
I've been looking it up.
I only have a small aspect of what it treats... So I'm guessing they think I may have something else.
But still, take it day by day and everything, don't cross too many bridges and so on (:

xxjuliexx 02-06-2010 09:57 PM

*yawns* morning all

*leaves hugs for all*