RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   waaaaaah ;( (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184490)

The Oxymoron 13-03-2012 12:18 AM

waaaaaah ;(

why'd he leave............ why did he leave me..? why? my older brother has left me.... he didn't leave to college, he left the house... and he's not supposed to come back....... just another person... gone from life..... gone.... I don't have anyone..... except my dad... but he doesn't even understand me as well as he thinks he does.... waah ;[ I asked my dad to call my psychologist at least twice, and he says he will but as far as I know he hasn't done crap...... nooo tom why'd you leave me you fucking jerk. why'd he leave?

offlineforever 13-03-2012 12:42 AM

Can you ring the Psychologist yourself? Sounds like you could do with some support right now.

The Oxymoron 13-03-2012 01:52 AM

If I was an alcohol user I'd be soo fucking drunk right now :(
i don't think I can call my psychologist, because I am under 18.

skye81 13-03-2012 02:08 AM

Hi honey, how old are u? I'm sure u could call your psychologist cos if u r feeling bad they need to know so they can help you through it. Can I ask why your brother left? Do u have any friends u could talk to if u need to? Hope I can help xx

The Oxymoron 13-03-2012 02:52 AM

uh I'm 16 years old... nah, realistically I can't call my psychologist, my dad has to do it, .... my brother got kicked out. I don't have much friends right now :/ uh i dont know

chinahorse 13-03-2012 03:06 AM

Why can't you call your psychologist, as far as I'm aware there is no age limit and at the end of the day its up to you to take as mmuch responsibility for keeping yourself safe as possible. And put harshly- it sounds like you may be waiting for a while if you rely on you father to call.

It must be really hard for your brother to have been kicked out. Can you still keep in contact with him and meet up?

The Oxymoron 13-03-2012 08:01 PM

my dad told me he's gonna call, but he needs to have a good reason to. So I told him that I have a personality disorder, and (luckily) he didn't ask me to specify what. uh, I'm not supposed to hang out with my older brother. I wish he was responsible :(

offlineforever 13-03-2012 09:14 PM

You are avoiding the question. Unless you are saying you can't ring because your dad is going to?

Also, it is unlikley that you have a personality disorder as people are not usually diagnosed before they are 18 due to the fact that their personality hasn't fully developed yet. It is possible to be diagnosed with Personality Disorder traits though.

PassedExpectations 14-03-2012 01:32 AM

coming from someone in the US, who has had counselors and psych people for a while, and is still a teenager... you CAN call them if you are under 18. they would WANT you to call them if you are struggling this much. you need to take some initiative and do it for yourself, even if they have to confirm appt times with your dad afterwards or something. what would make it easier for you to call?

why aren't you supposed to hang out with your brother? is that something that your dad has said?

if you are having a hard time communicating with your dad, maybe you could have a session with your psychologist where you are both there, at least for part of the time.

The Oxymoron 14-03-2012 01:50 AM

that's what I'm saying colbert, my dad is going to. uuh well I haven't diagnosed myself with it, ahaha but I probably have it.

@expectations
I've had a lot of experience with counselors, psychiatrists, and psychologists in my life, but back then I was different. I'm not that desperate actually I'm quite busy. my dad and I have a good relationship, the same can't be said for him and my brother. my brother is kind of an asshole.
I mean, I AM desperate, but I don't LIKE being desperate.
I'm going to run out of fucking patience eventually, I can tell you that much. that's the point where I would pick up the phone and call a dr.'s office myself, I just think that for now I'll let my dad take care of it since he said he would.
.______.

um ... bleh.

PassedExpectations 14-03-2012 02:00 AM

ok, fair enough. maybe you could set a time limit where if he hasn't called by a certain point, you will call yourself, even if you aren't feeling like you're all the way at the end of your rope.

offlineforever 14-03-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Oxymoron (Post 3165832)
that's what I'm saying colbert, my dad is going to. uuh well I haven't diagnosed myself with it, ahaha but I probably have it.

@expectations
I've had a lot of experience with counselors, psychiatrists, and psychologists in my life, but back then I was different. I'm not that desperate actually I'm quite busy. my dad and I have a good relationship, the same can't be said for him and my brother. my brother is kind of an asshole.
I mean, I AM desperate, but I don't LIKE being desperate.
I'm going to run out of fucking patience eventually, I can tell you that much. that's the point where I would pick up the phone and call a dr.'s office myself, I just think that for now I'll let my dad take care of it since he said he would.
.______.

um ... bleh.

You can't be diagnosed until you are over 18 with a personality disorder.

And what exactly do you want us to do or say? You know that you need to get their help sooner rather than later but refuse to call yourself? We can't make you do anything, but we can't really say anything to you if you won't take our advice seriously. All we will and have said is call them yourself.

The Oxymoron 15-03-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Colbertface (Post 3165895)
You can't be diagnosed until you are over 18 with a personality disorder.

And what exactly do you want us to do or say? You know that you need to get their help sooner rather than later but refuse to call yourself? We can't make you do anything, but we can't really say anything to you if you won't take our advice seriously. All we will and have said is call them yourself.

Have no fear, my dad is (in person) going to speak to a Dr. Office today. this makes me happy a little bit :D but right now im sleepy :/

sleep............ sleep..... sleep.....I've been working very hard lately man.. I'm so tired xd

offlineforever 15-03-2012 09:51 PM

Hope it goes well.