RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Advice (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Frustrated with life and feel like I’m failing. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248596)

[Luna] 28-06-2018 07:44 PM

Frustrated with life and feel like I’m failing.

I’ve been putting off making this thread and I can’t really go into detail right this minute but I’m struggling to stay afloat and things are incredibly stressful. I’m posting to ask for some support and advice.
I’m sorry I’ve not been around much.
I hope this is ok
Xx

Serendipity. 28-06-2018 08:26 PM

Of course it's okay lovely, we're here for you.

I'm sorry things are so difficult just now. If / when you feel able to talk more about what's going on, we'll be here. Until then, I'm sending lots of love and support your way, and I have total faith that you can do this.

Can you think of anything that would make things a little easier?

<3

Harbour 28-06-2018 09:17 PM

<3 big squeezes. You've got this, all the situations you've felt like this in before have passed. I know how painful they are though, we are here if you need us. Xx

[Luna] 29-06-2018 11:48 AM

Thank you <3
I feel like such a failure; like I fail at being a good mum, wife, friend.
I can't keep up with life and the people around me and I get so frustrated.
I want to be able to do it all and I can't. I just end up messing up and letting people down.

one_step_closer 01-07-2018 06:23 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful. Do other people see you as failing in these areas? I'm sure you are very loved and are trying your best with all of your responsibilities and connections. I can see why things would feel overwhelming for you and I know what it's like to judge yourself and not be able to see around that. Maybe right now you can't do all the things you want to but that doesn't mean it will always be this hard. And no one really has to do it all.

Buttons. 02-07-2018 11:28 AM

Sorry to hear things are tough right now. Hope things get better soon.

Aubergine 04-07-2018 11:37 PM

How're you doing, Luna? Thinking of you.

[Luna] 20-07-2018 07:25 PM

Thank you for asking after me. That's so kind.
My really not doing very good. Every day is a battle and I'm exhausted.

Jinxie 20-07-2018 10:43 PM

I understand how you feel, Luna.
I'm not good at words into sentences things right now but just wanted to offer hugs and let you know you're not alone <3

[Luna] 22-07-2018 02:17 PM

Thank you for your reply, means s lot.
I’m sorry you can relate.

I’m feeling very anxious at the moment as well as having the low mood.
Keep worrying.
I wish I knew what to say. I’m just really struggling.

one_step_closer 22-07-2018 06:59 PM

Worrying can be exhausting and painful, I'm sorry you're both anxious and low. Do you want to talk through any of your worries? I know it can be hard to explain things and express things and that can be frustrating and make you feel alone when you want to be able to reach out. If you can find the words then keep posting here, it doesn't need to be huge and detailed sentences, whatever helps you communicate.

[Luna] 23-07-2018 01:49 PM

Thank you so much for replying.

I’m going to try and write some things out. I’m on my phone and it may not be entirely coherent.

I’m worried about my dad. He’s finished his chemo and has his scan results today and what the plan is going forward.

I recently found out something very shocking about someone I’ve known a long time and I’m trying to help support their family, my friend in particular but it’s a lot to wrap my head around. I can’t say on here what it’s abput because of legal reasons and it’s not my business to write about it online anyway. It’s just brought up a lot of feelings.

I’ve been struggling when my wife has been at work. That’s when I tend to battle with my mood the most. My son is teething and been very clingy and upset recently which has been overwhelming and time consuming, especially by myself.

I feel like a failure. It feels like such a huge effort just to do the bare minimum but I don’t want to just do the minimum.

I’ve been dissociating recently. I keep zoning out. It’s ezhausting trying to stay grounded as well as everything else.

On Friday I had, very unexpectedly, my last session with my support worker and after I see my psychiatrist in August I’m going to be discharged by the mental health services which I’m a bit apprehensive about.

On top of everything I’m in constant physical pain. I don’t really know what to do about it but ignoring it isn’t working.

one_step_closer 23-07-2018 04:15 PM

You've got a lot on your mind, I'm sorry there is so much going on that distresses you. What you have written totally makes sense, I'm glad you managed to give it a go.

Do you think it's the right thing for you to be discharged from MH services in August? Is any support being put in its place? Are you able to discuss any of the worries you have posted about here face to face with someone you trust or your GP maybe? I know it often doesn't solve things but talking might help and someone might also have some ideas about what could be helpful.

Take care. You are most definitely not a failure.

[Luna] 23-07-2018 04:55 PM

The plan to be discharged from the CMHT has been in progress since January because it was agreed that I’d have more access to the help I feel I could use if I wasn’t under their service and they can’t offer me anything therapeutically. I’m just worried because I don’t have any GPs that I know very well or trust and I’m not 100% sure if I’ll be accepted for the therapy. I’m worried about being left with no support whatsoever x

one_step_closer 23-07-2018 07:09 PM

Is there someone you can raise your concerns about a possible lack of support with? Maybe something could be put in place for you before your discharge.

[Luna] 23-07-2018 11:06 PM

I can't do this. I keep saying I'm struggling. I keep saying I need help. I keep saying I'm in pain and no one is helping me.
I can't carry on like this. I'm running on empty.

[Luna] 24-07-2018 10:14 AM

I had a bad night last night. I feel exhausted and hopeless.
I'm a horrible, evil failure. I'm pretty certain my neighbours hate me and think I'm a terrible mother and wife.
I'm a terrible person.

[Luna] 24-07-2018 07:40 PM

Thank you for your reply. It means a lot.
My wife looked after the baby so I could have a nap and she helped me dye my hair which was nice. I feel exhausted and spacey though.

I'm really worried the neighbours can hear everything I'm saying indoors and all hate me. I can't help panicking about it.

Harbour 24-07-2018 11:00 PM

Very low on words but thinking of you xx

[Luna] 25-07-2018 05:26 PM

It means a lot.

I'm not feeling all that well. I feel space d out and fearful. Like there is something dangerous lurking.
I feel in high alert and like my body is tense and ready to run or fight. It's making me irritable and snappy.

I feel so guilty for being how I am at the moment. I shouldn't doing more and coping better.