RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Pnuemonia[Blue] 20-05-2010 06:50 PM

Hi guys, I'm Emma.

I feel very alone with my feelings at the moment and need somewhere safe to let the mask slip off for a while. Is it okay if I come in here?
xx

PoisonedApple 20-05-2010 06:58 PM

Of Course Emma. I'm Crimson *offers hugs*

Pnuemonia[Blue] 20-05-2010 07:04 PM

Hi Crimson, it's really nice to meet you. *accepts hugs*
How are you?
xx

Louise 20-05-2010 07:04 PM

Hi Emma, *hugs*

MammaMia 20-05-2010 07:10 PM

Hi Emma, let the mask off here babe, we have anything and everything you may need :) Cuddles, hugs, squishes, food, whatever :D *offers cuddles*

*offers cuddles to everyone else*

Thank god I'm going out again in a little bit. Just had a nice long chat with one of my best friends, even if some of it was sad, it was good :)

PoisonedApple 20-05-2010 07:11 PM

I'm doing ok so far today.
How are you doing?

Doikers 20-05-2010 07:12 PM

Hi Emma , I'm Mark :)

Doikers 20-05-2010 07:36 PM

Hmmmm It's awfully quiet in here .. people must be out and about :)

PoisonedApple 20-05-2010 07:43 PM

no... not out, just to and fro around the office

katnovia 20-05-2010 08:11 PM

nope, not out mark, just having a stressful baby day. at this moment she is screaming and fighting her grandad instead of going to sleep, having just fought me for the last 45 mins and caused me injury.

Hi emma and louise, i don't think we've met, i'm kat *hugs*
hi crimson *hugs*

i need to go back a few and read up.

Pnuemonia[Blue] 20-05-2010 08:25 PM

Hi Mark and Louise, really nice to meet you all.

No I'm not out, my internet connection was just being really slow so I got annoyed and switched the comp off.
(fun story eh?)
xx

PoisonedApple 20-05-2010 08:55 PM

OMG! I'm excited and nervous and anxious and and I dunno.
My female chinchilla just had 2 kits. I have to go home and fix up the little cage for them. I hope D doesn't flip. He didn't want kits but I couldn't separate the 2 older chinchillas I got via rescue because they'd been together too long and they had issues when I tried and I didn't want them to die of separation. so now I have 5 chinchillas. I know who I can give the kits to when they can be weened but that's months away. We'll see... gotta run to catch the bus home. I'll update later :D

Doikers 20-05-2010 08:57 PM

OOhh I've not seen a baby Chinchilla before , are they cute?
Congrats on the births :)

Scarletdreamer 20-05-2010 09:06 PM

I spy a Mark!! :D *tackle squish*

*squishes Laura* My back's feeling better now that I'm out of the office chair, so a retaliatory tackle is fine now... lol. I'm sorry that you've been having bad social anxiety, I have that a lot... it really sucks. :( Hope you and I and Mark and anyone else who struggles with it finds ways around it soonish. (Well, I can hope, can't I? :P hehe...) What have you been up to the past few days?

*cuddles Crimson* That's awesome about the kits, I bet they will be so adorable!! Are they born with fur at all? I know some mammals are and some aren't... baby mice for example are not, and they're uuugly (to me at least, lol), but kittens are (I think - Nicole, correct me if I'm wrong :D). Anyway, /ramble, heh. How are you doing today??

*cuddles Emma* Welcome to the ward. :) I'm April and I'm on a lot so you'll get to know me pretty well... lol. :P (Dunno if that's a good or bad thing?)

*cuddles Hels* I'm glad that you and your bestie had a good talk. Sometimes the best ones are the deepest - or is it the other way 'round?

*cuddles Kat* I'm sorry that Hazel caused you injury... and that she's being an angry baby. That must be SO frustrating, I can't imagine... it would drive me up a wall. Someone else's kid screaming drives me crazy, but my own would be worse, I would imagine. Ugh. So glad that we're (hopefully) never going to have kids!!

*cuddles everyone else* Sorry, won't name names as I don't want to miss anyone!! :)

Oh and Crimson, I got your message on WoW. I might start a toon on Runetotem, I'll let you know. Do you log into those toons much?

Speaking of WoW, I think I shall go play some... lalalaaa... :)

Doikers 20-05-2010 09:19 PM

I bought a PHYSOSTEGIA plant , I'm going to get a big pot and fill it with mud and plant my plant and love it all summer :) most of the other neighbours have plants so I wanted one , help to brighten up the building . I'm on the first floor so no garden for me but room for a pot :)

Pnuemonia[Blue] 20-05-2010 09:26 PM

Wow! a baby chinchilla! how adorable!

Hello April, really nice to meet you. :-) It would be great to get to know you!
btw does WoW stand for world of warcraft? or am I completely off the mark? xx

Doikers 20-05-2010 09:27 PM

WoW Does stand for World of Warcraft , April and Hayley got me into it ,I haven't been playing a month yet .

wildly insane 20-05-2010 09:29 PM

good good seems people are off and busy, back to work, no rest for the wicked, I think I must be wicked :P

wildly insane 20-05-2010 09:31 PM

ps Mark what type of plant is a PHYSOSTEGIA plant. I have loads of plants in my room - 4 cacti, aloe vera, peace lily, palm, 2 spider plants, a chilli plant and at the moment, 2 been seedlings, some basil, some courgette and some salad seedlings!! my room is slightly overrun! hehe how are you doing at the moment?

Scarletdreamer 20-05-2010 09:45 PM

Yep, WoW = World of Warcraft. :) I love it, been playing for almost a year and a half now. Jarrod - my husband - got me into it, he's been playing for going on three and a half years now. It's such a good distraction, although just now I totally couldn't focus on it much, am hungry and tired and my brain is zapped because of the 44 surveys I entered into Survey Monkey today for my internship. GAHHH............ :-/

Anyway.

I think hubby & I are having a date tonight, hopefully I won't be too anxious during it. Usually am when out in public this late at night (it's 4:45pm) even though I've had my meds. Grrrr. But tomorrow I can sleep in, don't have to worry about going to work, can work from home. Yey!! :) I brought the rest of the surveys home with me so can type them into Survey Monkey again... fun. :-/

*cuddles everyone*

risenfromperdition 20-05-2010 09:46 PM

*snuggles april*
*curls up sleepily*
had loads for lunch =[ ick =\ feels bad.
and going to beach monday maybe... dont wanna =[

MammaMia 20-05-2010 09:49 PM

*hugs all*

I've been out & about haha :P

Doikers 20-05-2010 09:51 PM

Oh Hannah I LOVE Cacti I have 6 I think :) and parsly and chives but my basil died and my butternut squash plant never took . What I thought I'd do with a squash plant indoors I don't know , they get huge ! I'm doing ok, triggered some though , putting it off hmmmmmm........

taz35 20-05-2010 09:51 PM

*hugs everyone*
*waves to Emma* Hi, I'm Taz.

Doikers 20-05-2010 09:58 PM

Oh and a PHYSOSTEGIA plant is a flowering plant that is tall and mine has pink spikes of flowers , or at least it will when it's grown , it is also called the obident plant because its flowers will stay facing the same direction even if you turn the pot away from the sun :)

*Hugs Taz*

SoMuchMore 20-05-2010 10:04 PM

Hi Emma! I'm Laura! *offers welcome cookies*

*hugs mark, april, helen, taz, louise, hannah, heather, julie, nicole, kahlia, crimson and everyone i might have missed*

The following content has been hidden - Reason : rant.. not long but maybe shouldn't be in here at all
I just flat out lied to one of my best friends. To the question: "how have things been?" - I got angry. Thats not like me at all... I pretty much snapped that I'm okay, i'm fine I'm always fine. And immediately changed the subject. He looked kinda taken aback but seemed to ignore it.. I almost never get angry for no apparent reason, and even if i am angry, I never snap at people. I repress everything. I know its bad, but that is what i do. I feel like i am becoming less and less of myself in the past few days.

Louise 20-05-2010 10:07 PM

I should be sleeping but can't

Doikers 20-05-2010 10:14 PM

*Hugs Laura* I'm sorry you feel angry , but repressing emotions up side yourself isn't good either :S And I think that paragraph you hid needen't have been hidden . We are here to support each other , fat lot of good I am doing though :( Sorry I'm not more helpful

Whats keeping you up Louise ? you ok?

MammaMia 20-05-2010 10:16 PM

FML

Why am I so anxious :(

Doikers 20-05-2010 10:17 PM

*HUGGLES HELEN* Did you have fun out and about?

MammaMia 20-05-2010 10:23 PM

*hugs Mark* Yes I did thank you :) Saw someone who works at the restaurant we went to, been looking out for her for AGES!! As she went on maternity leave & everything. Finally saw her tonight =D Happy haha!! Gwad I'm such a loser :S

Louise 20-05-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 230795)
Whats keeping you up Louise ? you ok?

To scared to closed my eyes

Doikers 20-05-2010 10:31 PM

*hugs Louise if ok*

Doikers 20-05-2010 10:35 PM

RightyOh I'm going to bed it's hot here I hope I sleep ok , I JUST gave into the urges dammit , For a second my mind wanted me to really badly hurt myself but I managed to keep it to a "reasonable" level . I felt better But S.I. only works super well for me if it's bad now :( I used to feel ok with just a little cut but now I has to be stupid . Ugh why am I typing this last thing at night , I'm such an Idiot !

*Leaves Coffee , Teas of all kinds , Fruit and cereals out for general ward munchings*

Night Night all *Hugs*

Kitkat :) 20-05-2010 10:41 PM

I'm seeing her on the 2nd of June but my anxiety is getting worse.

Kat I know how you feel about the alters... I feel that they're not real but I suspect one of them has taken pills and I don't know about it...

xxjuliexx 20-05-2010 11:11 PM

*sits and read all the pages i missed*

wildly insane 20-05-2010 11:28 PM

How come I seem to finish my work after half the people have gone to bed *doh* and I still should make a birthday card for my housemate, but I'm tired and beginning to be a bit stressy again.

*hugs Mark* night night, is the PHYSOSTEGIA a type of bromeliad then? Yeah my cacti are my faves although my chilli has lots of chillies on it at the moment which is exciting. I love butternut squash it's yummy I have an awesome soup recipe for it. sorry to hear the urges were too much, I'm the same though, can't keep it to little cuts any longer, but that's kinda good for me cos it scares me into not cutting for longer periods of time, 3 months now, although am slightly worried about this weekend as I have to to my housemate's birthday party he's 21 and I'm bad enough in party situations where I don't really know anybody, worse still if they're 8 or so years younger than me! Anyway stop rabbiting on about me, I hope you sleep okay and think of it as a positive that you managed to stop before you cut really bad.

*hugs Kitkat* hope you are okay
*hugs Louise* don't be scared, what are you scared of, I hope you get to sleep okay
*hugs Helen* I'm glad you had a good chat with your friend earlier in the day and that you had a good time out tonight. hope that good feeling is lasting
*hugs Laura* it's okay to be angry and at least you realised you snapped. maybe you can say sorry you snapped next time you see him, that's what I usually do and it helps me feel a bit better too.
*hugs taz* how are you tonight?
*hugs HorseRidinBbe* try not to worry about lunch, hope you sleep okay
*hugs April* I hope you have fun on your date and try not to worry too much oh and have a lovely lie in *jealous :p*
hi Emma - welcome to our lovely abode :)
*hugs Crimson* ooh chinchilla babies how exciting
*hugs Kat* how are you today?
*hugs julie* how are you feeling tonight
*hugs Kahlia* how's things going hun?

Kitkat :) 20-05-2010 11:30 PM

I'm worried.
I'm really worried.
What if something like that happens again, but it's worse and it goes wrong?
I don't even know who did it, if they did it...

MammaMia 20-05-2010 11:36 PM

*hides*

Kat, what do you mean honey? :(

wildly insane 20-05-2010 11:39 PM

*cuddles Kitkat* are you okay, are you safe?

Kitkat :) 20-05-2010 11:44 PM

Like, my Mum has acidophilus tablets and she had 7 left in a pot in the fridge, cos you have to keep them in fridge because otherwise they can become poisonous, and if you take a certain amount (I don't know how many of them) it can be dangerous and you should seek help immediately.
Well there was only 7 left and she sent me a text this morning saying be honest did you have my pills and I said no but then it got me thinking because there's only 3 of us in the house. My mum wouldn't have them all at once... Neither would my Grandad, cos... He just don't know what they are and probably wouldn't be able to get the lid off... So what if it was me? I did have stomach cramps today and a headache (I'm never normally ill like that) but I was just thinking... What if I did take them but don't remember? I've had blackouts where I've self harmed and don't remember, but I know who's done it. But no one's owned up, and I don't know who's done it, and I don't even know if I took them or not...

Kitkat :) 20-05-2010 11:45 PM

I don't know if I'm safe, my head hurts and I'm achey for no apparent reason and... I just can't seem to remember

MammaMia 20-05-2010 11:48 PM

Could you get checked out just incase you have sweetie? :(

Kitkat :) 20-05-2010 11:52 PM

How? I don't know what to do... I was sleeping today at college, it was ridiculous, midday and I was asleep on the grass.
What if I go to sleep now and something goes wrong and I don't wake up or something?
I... Don't know... *curls up in corner*

wildly insane 20-05-2010 11:52 PM

I agree with Helen, it's probably worth getting checked out. Is there anyone you can tell? or anyone who knows more about the pills?

Kitkat :) 20-05-2010 11:55 PM

No, I tried telling someone today but they didn't take me seriously.
I've just finished Googling it, they're simple to take, you take one a day but I don't know what the limit is to overdose... Just says you're more likely to if you mix them with prescription pills (which I haven't).
But apparently they're poisonous if you overdose... BUT HOW MANY IS THAT??
):

MammaMia 21-05-2010 12:00 AM

We couldn't tell you even if we knew as it'd be breaking the rules. Seriously, can you call NHS direct or speak to your doctor in the morning? Anything sweetheart :(

I'm crying, or started crying, oh **** this hurts :'(

xxjuliexx 21-05-2010 12:02 AM

helen? wats wrong
*offers huggles*

Kitkat :) 21-05-2010 12:03 AM

No I know, I'm not properly asking I'm just trying to make some sense of it by typing it... It's not really working.
I can't call NHS now... I have college in the morning, and even if I went my Mum can't know. I might find my college nurse when I go to college tomorrow.
Oh don't cry, is it because of me? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry ):

Kahlia1981 21-05-2010 12:04 AM

KitKat - I don't know where you are honey but do they have a Medication Information or Poisons Information Line (telephone hotline) where you are? They'd have that kind of information. The number would be freely available - especially on the Consumer Medication Information Leaflet available with any medications. Just a thought. Oh, sorry, I don't think we've spoken before. I'm Kahlia.