RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Can somebody just remind me... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4781)

Queen Crabbit 16-06-2007 06:56 PM

Can somebody just remind me...

...What the point in not cutting is?
Or even if there's a point in not, when it's all you can think about and it's affecting everything.

Surely, if I just cut once so it's out of my head before my most important exam on Monday, that'll be okay?

It's not like I really care about being X amount of days free, to be perfectly honest.

Mimsy 16-06-2007 07:12 PM

So that you can feel free from it all! So that one day you will not get those urges anymore. So that we learn that keeping in control doesnt rely on blood and pain. And finally... because you dont deserve to cut, you dont deserve the pain or the scars. You deserve to give yourself freedom from this.

Stellata 16-06-2007 07:34 PM

Because you don't deserve any more hurt or pain.

Artychik 16-06-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Surely, if I just cut once so it's out of my head before my most important exam on Monday, that'll be okay?

Well, maybe it's different for you than for me but I find it's never just once

And that "just once" won't make it go out of your head, it'll hang around in there for ages, not to mention the whole regret thing that usually follows.

So the point of not cutting? Cos cutting just isn't worth it.

But I suspect you already know that

Sorry things are tough just now, you just have to get through as best you can, sorry if that sounds kind of lame

Hang in there
Sarah x

putridangel 16-06-2007 08:29 PM

Chels? I dont know about you but one leads to another.

I guess when youve been without chocolate for so long you lose the urge to eat it, you dont crave chocolate so much....its addictive.

I think cutting is an addiction too in that its the only way we know how to cope. We use it to calm our thoughts and feelings for a while until they start to run riot and yet again the urge comes forth. Its all about learning how to cope with those thoughts and feelings so we dont get that urge and craving again and again. God knows how though!

God knows a load of crap is coming out of my head right now.

Im just so sorry you too find your self in that place.

Hugs and squidges my dear
Try to keep safe
xx rowie xx

Queen Crabbit 16-06-2007 10:35 PM

So, I tried going for a walk.
I tried distracting myself.
My brother and my nephew came round with their Wii so I played on that a bit.
I txt'd 2 of my closest mates, let's just say neither were exactly helpful. I txt'd some not so close mates too, just to see how they were and stuff.
Nothing ****ign worked.
I tired drawing on myself in marker pen, snapping a rubber band against my wrist.
I then rummaged through our kitchen draws and got the sharpest knife - it did **** all.
Getting pretty desperate by now so I txt'd one final person.
Quarter of an hour later it was done.
And I don't regret it one bit.
In fact, I'd quite like to do some more.
Exams are more important than a few cuts.

Mimsy 16-06-2007 10:55 PM

I hope you're doing OK darling..try and stay safe. I know how hard this is. Exams just make it all so hard. I send you lots and lots and lots of hugs.. xxxx

HappyFeet 17-06-2007 04:19 AM

I've found that when I cut, it only makes the urges worse. I mean, it helps for a little bit but then it's really awful and I have to go through way worse urges before I get back to where I was before I cut.

Also, there are going to be really stressful situations. Do you want to cut and lose your confidence in being able to deal with those without cutting?

Hope this helped.

~*forever_broken*~ 18-06-2007 06:06 AM

Hon, I can't tell you because I'm not sure myself... Just please be safe when you do it ok? Take care of yourself.
*hugs*
Alyssa

Ileana 18-06-2007 08:03 AM

You said it yourself, you'd like to do some more...so you weren't going to satisfied with "just one" that's why you must refrain form giving in, because fi you don't you'll be cutting numerous times a week or a day and for what really, mostly for reasons and things not as important as your health, not to mention your body. You can't do just one because you'll want more and this kind of thinking will only lead you to increase the number of times, and even the lenght and depth of the cuts, you hurt yourself instead of decreasing it. That's how the downward spiral starts, stop it before you reach bottom.

The Hierophant 18-06-2007 11:59 AM

I'm not quite sure what to say.
As long as you feel safe and in control thats the main thing, right?
And as long as your not endangering your life at all.
No-one wants you to do that.

I useless...

I hope the exams go well though.

Margo 18-06-2007 03:22 PM

You should stay cut free because every time you cut a baby bird falls out of a tree!

Lora 18-06-2007 10:40 PM

aww honey, i know exactly how you feel, i really do, i always wonder what the point is, if any at all.
but there is, somewhere there is a point.
to be free from all this, to get to the point where we dont think about, dont need it, cant get by without wanting it, to be 'free', to be 'ok' so you can feel strong and proud that you dont need it. and so you can get a collection of recovery bracelets!! :)
things will be ok, things will be better
im here if you want to talk, youre not alone
good luck with your exam
keep fighting hun, you can get through this
love lora x xx