RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 16-06-2008 03:59 AM

Alllllly *huggles* My headache is still here grrrr >.< I think it's dehydration.

Emma, hahahah scary isn't it?

Emma, thanks for my pm & don't worry about not being around you know? *mega hugs*

Arrrrgh I'm so fed up of not sleeping. I think for once I'm actually going to listen to my counsellor and try whatever she has in mind because this needs to get back into my control because it's mental.

mystery 16-06-2008 07:09 AM

*waves*
hi, this is my first time in here..it seems like a nice place

~*forever_broken*~ 16-06-2008 07:16 AM

I'm going to call the uni health centre tomorrow morning and set up my counselling sessions for the summer term. After we graduate I guess we are allowed to continue there (the counselling and health centres) for one more term. I'll probably get in tomorrow because I'm planing on calling as soon as they are open for scheduling... But I don't really want to go. I think this last bit of counselling will be important... I also think it's gonna suck...

When it comes right down to it though, the reason I don't want to go tomorrow because I've got nothing to say. We do a little intake thing every session (about the past week), answer things like 'I've thought about suicide' or 'I've been able to keep a positive outlook on life' with a range of answer choices (varying degrees you know)... And I can't do it tomorrow. Because I really haven't felt much this past week... I mean, I have, but it's been... Like, I don't know, a jumble... And almost not really there, but still there, you know? I can't explain it, I can't draw it, I can't write a poem about it (I usually draw and if I can't do that I've got a poem to express it)... I know I have felt pretty detached... But I can't even figure out how to draw that! Each idea, each image I come up with just doesn't express it, doesn't do it justice...

I've got no answers for those damn intake questions tomorrow! Damn it, it's so stupid! And know what else is stupid? I was about to say 'I FEEL so stupid'... Except I don't! I don't feel anything... Half the time I say 'I feel...' I really don't, it's just what you say, you know?

*sigh* I'm sorry, I'm rambling... I don't know why... Sorry.:pinch:

*goes to her corner, curls up, and prays sleep will come soon*

Jetforce 16-06-2008 07:21 AM

*cuddles ally*

Jetforce 16-06-2008 07:22 AM

and hello mystery! Welcome in the psych ward :-D

mystery 16-06-2008 07:25 AM

Queen Crabbit 16-06-2008 10:45 AM

Suicidal much?

Hospital seems like a safe place to go.
This is as close as whatever, but hey, **** it all.

sparklyshoes 16-06-2008 10:50 AM

*squidges chels*
Please go to the hosp if you feel that bad hun.
xx

zowie 16-06-2008 12:51 PM

Half an hour till my Psychology exam.
Nervous!

Jetforce 16-06-2008 01:01 PM

Good luck zowie

u'll be fine.....!!

Hang in the chels *cudldes u*

MammaMia 16-06-2008 01:16 PM

Good Luck Zowie, two of my friends are nervous about their Psychology exam too xxx

Chels *huggles*

I'm so very tired, but have counselling this afternoon, luckilly for me I managed to wake myself up a bit more :]

Jetforce 16-06-2008 01:38 PM

*jem sits at the corner by himself with a doona wrap around him*

blondiebear 16-06-2008 02:12 PM

*cuddles Jem* *cuddles Ally*
Mystery, welcome!
Zowie, how'd the exam go?

Thank God mother's day and father's day are over for another year!

Nutritionist this morning, Psychaitrist this afternoon. The nutritionist won't scold me for the cold pizza, she'll do it for the diet pepsi. I'm supposed to be drinking green tea sweetened with stevia herbal sweetener. Maybe I should go to Trader Joes market on the way home instead of the regular one. Bozo cat likes the bread ends of the pizza.

zowie 16-06-2008 02:50 PM

The exam went awfully.
I didn't realise how little I knew until I actually sat the exam. Beth was really putting me down all the way through, trying to make me scream and shout at her just because she knew I couldn't. Had to leave the exam an hour early because of her.
I hate myself.

Jetforce 16-06-2008 02:57 PM

*hugs zowie*

I hope u did enuf to pass fingers crossed!!

MammaMia 16-06-2008 03:44 PM

*hugs Jem* You ok?

Welcome to new members btw :]

Susan, I quite agree with you....though I enjoy mothering sunday :P

Zowie, I'm sure it went better than you think *snuggles*

~*forever_broken*~ 16-06-2008 04:23 PM

Thanks mystery, and welcome to the psych ward :-D it is a pretty nice place.

Thanks also, Jeremy and Susan... I suppose I shouldn't have expected much in the way of replies... After all, it was a long, rambling rant... Still, it's nice to know someone gives a **** *shrug*.
*snuggles Jeremy* What's wrong luv?

Chels, please take care and do what's safest for you right now *cuddles*

*returns to her corner for a nap before she has to get ready to go to therapy*
lol I just woke up 45 min ago:pinch:

Margo 16-06-2008 04:48 PM

Im going to ****ing explode very soon. Ive done the vacuuming, ive watched a 3 hour long film, ive punched the wall lots. Im so wound up i cant eat and there is a constant knot in my stomache.

Pomegranate 16-06-2008 05:10 PM

*pokes Ally* Hope therapy goes alright hun. I think arranging a load of sessions over Summer is a fantabulous idea and we will be here to help you through any of the hard stuff.

Chels, please do what is safest for you and try to keep fighting. I'm sorry I have no real advice but we are here if talking would help. *hugs*

*pokes Matthew* Sorry things are feeling so crappy. What film did you watch? Do you want to talk about it?

MammaMia 16-06-2008 05:38 PM

*wishes to be poked too*

Haha I love my counsellor I really do. Apprantly from the minute I walked into the room, she felt VERY tired, she was a little tired already....but looks like I was sharing that 'engery' if you like. Plus she said some very true things about me today hehe :P

Pomegranate 16-06-2008 05:40 PM

*pokes Helen to make her feel better* Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about what she said or anything x

Detour. Derail 16-06-2008 06:48 PM

Ow :(

Headache :( ><
*crawls away*

Pomegranate 16-06-2008 06:50 PM

*gently pounces on Alexx* Nice to see you in here again sweetie. *offers headache tablets and pillow* xx

Detour. Derail 16-06-2008 07:07 PM

hello sweety.
Thankyou.
I'm not sleeping well...
Haven't been for nearly a year and a half....
but I'm finally burning out.
*curls in the corner and tries to sleep*

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 07:21 PM

Alexx hun I know that feeling *hugs*
Have you tried anything to help you sleep? Relaxation, herbal tablets, sleeping tablets?

Jetforce 16-06-2008 07:31 PM

I'm just struggling atm...sleeping too much when i should be doing uni work, awake when i should be sleeping. Now i got a cold combined with that...grrrrr and feeling miserable with it. Enough whining from me - i'll cope somehow :-)

*hugs ally & helen* thx's for caring :-)

Hope u manage to crash to bed alexx...sounds like u r totally buggered
*cuddles u*

How is every1 else doing there??

*Curls back in the corner of the psych ward*

MammaMia 16-06-2008 07:39 PM

*gentle hugs Alexx* Fell better sweetheart.

Emma....hehe I might just do that, or maybe I'll make you wait til Wednesday hahaha :P

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 08:11 PM

Hey Jetforce (sorry I don't know your name) have you tried anything to get your sleeping pattern back to something a bit more productive?
Hope your cold goes away soon!
I'm not so bad, my arm's still really painful but less swollen. But then, it's my fault so I shouldn't really complain.
You ok Helen?

Jetforce 16-06-2008 08:14 PM

Call me jeremy :-P

Errrh, we'll see what happens

I better bucket up and get ready for my exams tho ughhhhhh

zowie 16-06-2008 08:20 PM

*hugs anyone who needs it*

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 08:28 PM

Jeremy it is then =)
Just Ku for me, slight paranoia surrounding the real name and being found.
My sleeping was so awful around exam time, exams are actually evil!
Sure you'll do fine.
*hugs zowie back* you ok hun?

blondiebear 16-06-2008 08:51 PM

Hugs all around.

Matthew, what's going on? How may we help you?

I run on emotional delayed reaction so the sadness of Father's day is still kicking me. And the potential loss of that meeting. I realize that the woman with whom I had the argument is pushing the buttons that my mother programmed. So I'm wearing my mouring bracelets today.

I have to go out. It is 90F. My car does not have a/c, not even a working fan. And I have a choice between a long sleeve shirt or disgusting gooey sunscreen. Pass the shirt.

shadowedseraph 16-06-2008 09:20 PM

*crys* i need a hug

~*forever_broken*~ 16-06-2008 09:32 PM

*hugs shadowedseraph*

lol Ku, I've been telling him that (Jeremy) for a long time :-D

*sigh*
Where to start? How about my room mate waking me up with the question 'Alyssa? Do you have any towels?' Whereupon I discover that she's managed to clog the toilet and some how the tank has been cracked (I suspect by her but she said she didn't know) and there's water EVERY where:pinch: I did most of the sopping up, I called maintenance, talked to them, all that good stuff. And then I re washed the floor after the guys who came in to clean up (they didn't do a good job) and I will be the one to clean the bath once the sopping wet bath mat is taken out to be washed (it's disgusting what wound up in the bath:pinch:). She IS going to wash the towels, though that is mostly because she's the one with the laundry money.

So, in the middle of this mornings mess I went to my therapy session. Oh fun times:eyeroll: actually it wasn't that bad... Felt a little weird having not filled out my intake sheet but like I said earlier I couldn't... Strange I know but true. So had to try and explain that... Actually I spent most of the time trying to convince him the fact that I'm 'done' and that I just really don't care about anything anymore, have no motivation... That there isn't me trying to escape some uncomfortable, scary, or otherwise undesirable emotion... That the 'death' (or disappearance) of my plans was not to avoid any possible failure... That it's just what is, all very straight forward and all that... And I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe me:blink:. AND I've got homework on my 'favourite' subject, mindfulness (I can't explain it well but you can check this site out mindfulness.com or google it...)

*yawns and retreats to her corner for a nap*

Pomegranate 16-06-2008 09:46 PM

Urrrghhh sorry Ally, I hate having to sort out practical stuff like that. Hope its sorted now though.
Glad therapy wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Just had a look at that mindfullness website and it completely ****ed with my head lol. Don't envy you that one. Far too much for me to get my head round without going completely insane! Sorry he didn't really get what you were trying to say but I'm very proud of you for trying to convey it. *hugs* hope you are alright now.

*huggles shadowedseraph* Are you alright sweetie? Whats up?

Jeremy- you rock. Simply as. Just wanted to remind you of that x

*hugs Susan* sorry today is difficult for you and yuck at the heat!!! Anything above 75+ and I feel ill, 90 must be horrible!

*leaves more hugs for Ku, Alexx and anyone who needs them*

Try and sleep Alexx, it may make you feel better hun. Are your exams over now? xx

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 09:51 PM

*hugs shadowedseraph*
*hugs pomegranate*
Ally that sounds like a nightmare situation! glad it's over now though *hugs*

Detour. Derail 16-06-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuwairo (Post 854439)
Alexx hun I know that feeling *hugs*
Have you tried anything to help you sleep? Relaxation, herbal tablets, sleeping tablets?

Ive tried all that :blink:
Im just pathetic and dont FUNCTION when I'm single. I cant eat...or eat too much...and I dont sleep because I dont feel safe...I dont know why...but I'm just stupid like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 854872)

Try and sleep Alexx, it may make you feel better hun. Are your exams over now? xx

Yes they are over...thank god. Just have to wait for the results now *bites nails*
xxxxxxxxx

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:09 PM

You're not pathetic AT ALL.
Nope.
Trip to the docs may be in order though, see if anything else will help?
My boyfriend has the same issue. Before I got with him he hated going to sleep because he was by himself.
So if you're stupid so is he, and hundreds of others (and you're not, I promise you)

lil-princess 16-06-2008 10:13 PM

*hugs for everyone*

Sorry i'm no good at advice right now :( im seriously pissed off with msn it isn't letting me on there at all, so i'm stressing trying to get it to work and stressing over loads of s*** at the moment so sorry everyone.

xxxxxxx

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:17 PM

^ don't be sorry, no one can advise everyone all the time, so focus on yourself for a bit *hugs*
msn can be an arse sometimes - if there's someone you want to talk to could you email them instead, or use that weird facebook instant message thing?

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 10:22 PM

Hey everyone
Just popping in :-)
Had a massive anxiety attack this morning on the way to meet my boyfriend o.O
Not a clue why :-(

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:24 PM

^*MASSIVE hugs*
They're so horrible, aren't they?
How were you feeling before? Were you thinking about something that makes you anxious? Or were you doing something new with your boyfriend?
Anxiety's horrible to live with, I hope you're ok

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 10:29 PM

It just gripped me as I was walking to his; I felt like crying, couldn't breath, legs just wouldn't work.
No, wasn't thinking about anything in particular really :/
I'd have preferred my doctor to put me on something to ease it, but she didn't even talk to me about it, had to rely on people on here to fill in the blanks :/
*Massive hugs back, offers plate of muffins*

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 10:45 PM

mmm muffins, thanks!
You could go back? My doctor's just put me on antidepressants, for depression obviously. But he reckons they'll help with my anxiety and panic attacks too so maybe ask about something like that?

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 10:52 PM

She wasn't much use to be honest
I wouldn't want to risk seeing her, again
Part of me wants to go back, but when I went she wanted to admit me to hospital for my heart as it was o.O

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 11:00 PM

Isn't it worth getting your heart healthy hun?
Just ask her about it, or you could always see a different doctor, just about the anxiety?

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 11:02 PM

I was terrified :/
Course she didn't know about my heart murmur, as she didn't bother checking my notes but hey ho :/
I'm healthy :-)
Hearts a bit...mashed but its still beating so :-)

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 11:10 PM

Yay for it still beating. But if it needs treating then you should get it treated.
If you want some help for your anxiety hun I reckon you have to go back to see her. Just say look, my heart's not why I'm here, can you help me with this? And hopefully she will.

Automatik Teknicolour 16-06-2008 11:26 PM

You make for a convincing case...
It's something I'd need to build up the courage for...
There's a line in the sand, I'm working up the courage to cross it...
Just like I will for this next Manchester Meet :/
It's a real shame you can't come to this one hun :-(

Kuwairo 16-06-2008 11:51 PM

I just like people to get the help they need and deserve =)
You could maybe get someone to go with you?
I really wanna go! But it's just a bad day...so you should arrange one for before I go back to uni... :D
You'll have an ace time without me I'm sure.