RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fun and Distractions (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The BIG Distraction Page!=) (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1403)

silverfaerychild 07-11-2009 03:20 AM

anyone got any other Idea's..?

I am struggling..and need some new Distractions..right now ..

I got writers block for poetry..

I am reading a book about the Countess Ezerbet bathory..

I've checked out Def poetry produced by Russal something..

and yea

Cazki 27-03-2010 12:59 AM

I found some wordsearch websites that i think would be good distractions, here are the links

http://www.puzzlechoice.com/pc/Wordsearch_Mex.html - This one has lots of wordsearches

http://www.discoveryeducationalsoftw...rksheets_e.htm This has crosswords, wordsearches and much much more.

SheHasHope 30-03-2010 01:58 AM

I randomly picked 77 and it said to play an instrument, which is funny, because playing my trumpet or french horn is the one and only play I can go to get my mind off things.

*Hidden* 09-04-2010 10:14 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm the original *Hidden*!! A trip down memory lane led me here today, remembering all the hardship and the pain i went through, remembering how much this site helped me recover....

To come back and see my ORIGINAL post STILL a sticky bought me to tears, I can't believe a part of me is still around...Aimee in Wonderland you are a legend for maintaining this page.

I re-registered to post this reply just to say Thank You. Thank you to every member and every friend i had the pleasure of knowing in this extremely special environment; this safe haven for those that are scared to be alone.

I'm a fully recovered Self Harmer, thanks to the support from this site I can honestly say 6 years down the line I am the Happiest and Proudest person i could ever be...

Love and Light to you all....Stay Safe

*Hidden*

Snow White. 15-04-2010 12:00 PM

Oh, that is amazing. Thank you for posting that. I'm so proud of you & wish you all the very very best.

xxxxx

Laura2.0 02-05-2010 09:28 AM

Im going to make a poster with the list and put it inside my closet door :)
its awesome!

Laura2.0 02-05-2010 09:32 AM

I have another idea for a distraction: Mail the whole list to a good friend (dont copy anything.. try to type it all)

Annaberry 09-05-2010 09:35 PM

Random things to add:

Apply moisturiser/body butter/body cream
Apply fake tan

I find them both very methodical and therefore soothing :) And applying fake tan means you've got to concentrate on making sure it doesn't go all terrible and streaky xD

Scrapbook!
Cut things out and stick them on a page and make it look all pretty ^_^

Annaberry 06-06-2010 11:30 PM

Filing nails, especially if they're long. Then painting them. Maybe make a pretty design :)
Can take a while and depending on how clumsy you are (in my case, very!) then it can mean you have to concentrate :P

Didyouknow 08-07-2010 02:32 AM

A happy box was one of the best things i did :]

Vlad 08-07-2010 05:06 PM

I've found a really good one, (for me at least).
(Probably best for folk who don't burn btw).

Make jelly. :)
I like this one because all you need is a packet of jelly and water.
Just boil some water, (hence the mention about burning), add it to the jelly cubes to dissolve them, add more water and then put in the fridge to set. (Instructions are on the packet).

I like this simplicity of making it plus it doesn't feel like a big job since it's only a 3 or 4 minute job and sometimes all you need is that 3 or 4 minutes to relax a little.

Now I've been picking up a few packets of jelly when I'm out just to make as a distraction.
Plus you get the benefit of eating it about 6 hours after.

You can always mess around with it like adding fruit, (maybe already small things like blueberries since I imagine using a knife whilst trying to distract yourself isn't a great idea). Can also try mixing flavours or making towers and stuff like that.
Stuff like that will add a little time to it and you can experiment which is always a good thing.

Goonies-Never-Say-Die 15-07-2010 08:14 PM

When I need to cut the most, I paint my nails orange, with one black, ryl themed fingernails!

Kitkat :) 18-07-2010 10:06 PM

I randomly chose 79, which is learn an instrument... Which is really weird, cos I already have an instrument that I can't play xD

akita 01-11-2010 10:45 AM

I was just going through them and knit is on there twice :P

Chrisb 22-11-2010 08:07 AM

I'm going to write down the lyrics to this new song i love, then sing it allllllll day in college annoying everyone til I know it off by heart! <3

cowgirl_2418 28-11-2010 09:48 PM

I absolutely LOVE this thread!!!! I hope we can keep adding more distractions to this list!

GiveMeMyGuitar 12-02-2011 02:02 AM

Spend your imaginary lottery win!

xplasticxxsmilesx 11-03-2011 11:07 PM

haha these are all very wonderful (:

cowgirl_2418 15-03-2011 12:56 AM

Need More on here!

Engel 22-03-2011 07:27 AM

Omg I could have SWORN that number 31 said orgasm when I first read it O.O