RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   woke up having panic attack .. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181602)

psychadelicflowergirl 25-01-2012 08:25 AM

woke up having panic attack ..

i just woke up having a panic attack as the title may suggest.. don't feel good at all- have to move house in two days and have never lived anywhere but home.. my dad is going to be homeless...as this place has to be sold.. i feel like it's my fault, i know it's not but i can't help feeling that way.

i don't want to move from here.... my thoughts are racing so fast at the moment i don't even know if this is coherent.
i'm trying to be brave but keep breaking down.. help?

Cacoethes 29-01-2012 09:37 PM

sorry i didnt see this sooner hun
*hugs*

where are you moving/have moved to?
how are things at the moment?

Laura2.0 02-02-2012 12:48 PM

Hi,
did you move already?
How's the new place? How are you now?

psychadelicflowergirl 05-02-2012 07:55 AM

heya, i've moved now- last sunday actually- the actual move went okay- but i'm still very shaky and panicy, i keep waking up having these panic attacks when i have really vivid nasty dreams.
i'm getting used to living here slowly i guess. i'm just grateful to have a roof over my head- but i think i need a distraction for when i wake up after these vivid dreams almost straight into a panic... maybe if i can distract myself right away the panic attack won't happen? anyone have any ideas? x

Laura2.0 07-02-2012 10:31 PM

I don't know if distraction is always the right thing to do. Not that it is wrong to distract yourself in general...
Maybe the part of you that is responsible for the panic attacks wants to tell you something. Could you try and 'listen' to that part of you when you are stable (meaning: not about to have a panic attack/ just had a panic attack).

psychadelicflowergirl 25-03-2012 10:28 PM

thanks for the advice- i'm not sure what it is but i'm still getting these panic attacks when i wake up and it's now gotten worse as i'm getting them at random throughout the day, i'm seeing a recovery and time support worker at the moment and she's trying to get me to go out (as this isn't something i readily do) i just don't feel like i'm ready, i feel like i have to lie to her and tell her that i've done things that i haven't e.g gotten dressed, had a bath.
i haven't actually got a doctor at the moment as our old doctor wrote to us at this address and said we are out of the catchment area for treatment so i have to find another doctor- however i'm too scared to go out and register with one.
i need to really soon though because i'm running out of diazepam having all these panics and the thought of running out of diazepam just makes me panic worse :/