RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 11-02-2010 08:59 PM

*takes tissues and clings tight to Helen*

Just make this depression stop .... It's been going for about 2 months now with no break.:crying:

NicolaRose 12-02-2010 12:17 AM

*cuddles everyone*

*checks in*
Im new here and scared and just want to get away from everything.
All seems to keep going downhill and i havent been able to shift the black mood for a couple of weeks
*sits down on the floor, blank, wishes someone could look after her and tell her everythign will be ok*

frenchhorn 12-02-2010 12:45 AM

*waves to Nicole* hi welcome, I'm Oliver
I'm sorry your feeling scared and feeling low.
*offers cuddles if you want*

quiet1 12-02-2010 12:47 AM

*cuddles NicoleRose* welcome.
i hope things start to look up soon. i know how dark that place gets.

*hugs Kahlia* i am so sorry that you haven't had any break from this depression. its not fair. what about putting on some funny movies? even if you don't laugh or anything it can still help you take your mind off of things for a bit.

*Sefka Happy New Year! Sorry that you are not feeling so great. You'll get through it and we'll be here to help.

I went to my therapist today. we talked a lot about the day program she wants me to do. i am so apprehensive about it. it would mean taking time off of work. (which is the one thing that has sent me over the edge anyway) i don't want to take time off tho. i don't want anyone to notice me or my absence. I just want to blend into the background. where no one sees me. if i am gone for 2 weeks they will ask where i have been. what will i say? having intensive therapy because i am ill equipped to be a teacher? because that is what it feels like. like i am just a stupid baby brat that can't do anything with out whining about it.

so...i called and the place was closed for the day. oh well.

*sticks head in the sand*

NicolaRose 12-02-2010 02:15 AM

Thanks all :) *cuddles back*

quiet one, sorry you are feeling like that, do you have to tell everyone where you have been??...is there nothing else you can come up with , unless you have to let people know. But that doesnt mean you cant do anything and are a baby, teaching can be a very stressful job even for those without any other problems, ...and maybe the break and the help will do you some good. I hope it goes ok for you.

hmm i seem to be stuggling to do anything at the moment appart from sleep or stay in all day doing nothing :(...think i have missed almost a week of uni, cant seem to bring myself to do much or focus on anything...but then will get lost doing something pointless or just playing on the computer because it is a distraction from the way i am feeling. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit better and i can make it in.

SoMuchMore 12-02-2010 04:47 AM

*disappears*

Kahlia1981 12-02-2010 05:41 AM

*cuddles everyone*

My housemate asked me how I was before (while I was lying on my bed in the foetal position) and I burst into tears .... It's getting harder to hold it together ... maybe I should just stop trying.

*disappears into a dark corner to cry*

Imaginary_friend 12-02-2010 09:18 AM

*hugs everyone*
*waves Hi to everyone I haven't met*
i've just got in after a night out....its 8am. ****. i have a lecture in 2 hours, i'm still drunk and......****.

[Awakening] 12-02-2010 11:31 AM

Hi guys, how you all doing?

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I was braving the big bad world. I was doing alright actually, feeling much less depressed on the whole...

But now I'm checking in again. Not feeling great. I'm meant to be at work today, a long shift at the hospital but I couldnt work up the energy to get up this morning. It sucks because I'm meant to be having an assessment today with my mentor. It just means I'll have to work during reading week and it won't count towards my hours :-( grr! Silly head!

*cuddles all round* I miss you all x x x

Scarletdreamer 12-02-2010 11:43 AM

Hello everyone... sorry I haven't posted in a bit, been pretty busy with "just stuff." :-/

*cuddles Helen* Hels, you're not a failure. Not at all. What makes you think that?

*cuddles Sefka if that's okay?* I'm sorry you're feeling so down & lonely now... but maybe hanging out in here would help a bit? It's pretty busy & the people are lovely. I know it's not the same as "real life people" but it works for me most of the time... Please try & take care of yourself. You can do it. I believe that you are stronger than you think.

*cuddles Kahlia & hands tissues & bear to her* How're you doing, love? still the same? any more ideas on the book?

*cuddles NicoleRose if that's okay?* Welcome to RYL, this board, & this thread; I'm April. :) I'm sorry you're feeling so bad... what's going on? is there anything that I/we could do to help? And everything WILL be okay... I promise you. It may not seem remotely possible, but things WILL get better.

*cuddles quiet1* Personally, I think that being a teacher would be one of the MOST stressful jobs out there!! You're not a "stupid baby brat" because you are in need of more intensive care... it's just that you are struggling so much - & to function better, you need more help. You'll be a better teacher after you get all of the crap in your head a little more settled, if that makes any sense - and I am in NO WAY implying that you're a bad teacher now!! *more cuddles* And it doesn't sound to me like you're whinging. :) Just letting out some feelings to some people who care.

*cuddles Oliver* How you doing, love?

*cuddles LauraStar* I'm sorry that you felt that way in class... I can understand it, I really can... we were talking about suicide & its prevention & how our psych club on campus is doing something for it, a rememberance day... and how a student is going to tell her story of depression & suicide attempt. It was very triggering for me as I have attempted twice in the past & knew that I could tell my OWN story... I dunno, does that make any sense? Oh, & I'm sure that the prof didn't hate you, sweetie... that's just you projecting. Everything will be fine. Maybe talk to him/her after class or at office hours sometime about your anxiety? (I know, seems silly, huh, to go & talk to someone about social anxiety... lol, sorry) *more cuddles*

*cuddles LauraFriend* I hope that you feel better soon... please be careful with the drinking, sweetie. Don't let it get out of hand if you can help it. :(

I'm meh.

frenchhorn 12-02-2010 11:49 AM

*cuddles everyone*
*curls up in corner to sleep* only had 3 hours sleep last night and got rehearsal in an hour, insomnia sucks.

Imaginary_friend 12-02-2010 12:47 PM

*hugs everyone*
grarg. well i made it to my lecture. **** knows how. uuuuurgh. last night was very very very weird. good weird but still weird. and now my head is ****ed. argh. why do all the nice guys have to have girlfriends? and still try it on!? grarg. watevs. i need to stop drinking quite so much. i was still drinking at 2am....after having started at 7....and i'm not a slow drinker. :/
*hides in a corner*

MammaMia 12-02-2010 01:06 PM

*cuddles everyone*

I have a really really bad headache, going to down my face aswell :( *curls up and dies*

Scarletdreamer 12-02-2010 02:42 PM

*cuddles for all*

Oliver, I'm sorry that you got so little sleep!! That sucks... :( And with a rehearsal coming up... :( Insomnia does suck.

Helen, headaches are awful. Wish I could take it away from you... because they can be so painful & annoying!! How are you doing other than that?

LauraFriend, wish I could do more to help!! I'm sorry that you feel like crap... want a hot tea or summat to help? I dunno, tea seems to help me a lot. :)

I'm so tired. I got up at 4:45am today... and just want to go back to bed!! I have to be on campus at 11:30am to do blood pressure readings for our health psych lab. I'm paired with a cute guy who is engaged to another psych major... they make a cute couple. :) But it makes it a little awkward to be his "partner" - you know? :-/

Played WoW for a bit, read some YA fiction for a bit (finished the book I wanted to finish, woohoo!!), and cuddled Daniel for a bit. *sigh* Don't wanna do schoolwork today. My brain hurts; it's dying. :(

My psych portfolio is due on Monday (for looking over) and I barely have anything for it. Uh-oh. Prayers that I manage to get a huuuge amount done on it over the weekend would be appreciated!!

*hides*

MammaMia 12-02-2010 05:31 PM

*cuddles April*

My head is still killing me. I think emotionally I'm on the floor but not feeling it most of the time if that makes sense? Also feeling bit impatient and stuff about things..

Why do you get up so early?? I can see why it's awkward to be his 'partner' for that class :p Have fun :) Hope you can get your work done, keeping my fingers crossed for you =)

YodaBearInterrupted 12-02-2010 07:13 PM

*hugs and cuddles for everyone in here -- name is Matt btw if it makes it easier for some... i dunno*

I feel like I am losing it and not cut out to be what I am. Watching everyone around me doing better or having a great time while I fight battles in which I hope to win. It just makes me disappointed in myself... and my so called friends do nothing to help in that aspect.

*screams and hides in the corner*

PoisonedApple 12-02-2010 07:32 PM

*waves at Matt and Nicole* I'm Crimson *extends hand*
*cuddles April, Helen, Laurafriend, Laurastar, Kahlia*
Sorry to many posts to answer em all so I'm starting with a clean slate post...

I've realized today that venting feels a lot like talking to a brick wall. But it does make the weight of my little world easier to lift... Anyone else feel weird posting in r/v? Maybe it's just because mine ends up more like a forum based journal... :ermm:

Imaginary_friend 12-02-2010 08:02 PM

*hugs everyone*
*waves at Matt* hii :) you shouldn't be disappointed in yourself. you should be proud of the fact that you're fighting and not just giving in :) *hugs*

last night was utterly....****ed up. my "friend" keeps shouting at me about everything...that i'm drinking too much, smoking, that i slept with this guy last week, and she was telling me that i was making myself worse by turning myself into a "victim". like, WTF?! i hardly talk about him because i know everyone gets bored, and i don't want to keep thinking about it. and she's never here anyway. argh. she's just pissing me off massively atm. and she shouted at me in the bar last night so i ran out crying, to have another one of my friends catch me and make me tell her what was up. ARGH! she's not helping...just keeps telling me i'm ****, which i know, SO WHY KEEP GOING ON ABOUT IT?!
*bursts into tears*

Scarletdreamer 12-02-2010 08:36 PM

Just posted in my r/v thread if anyone wants to look... suicide/ED triggers.

*hides in darkest corner where she can cry without anyone noticing*

NicolaRose 12-02-2010 08:54 PM

Hi all **hugs everyone** hi Matt.
Sorry that everyone seems to be feeling so bad right now

*hugs scarlet dreamer* and hope you are ok, anything I can help with??
And to your question..... I don't really know why I've been feeling so bad lately , had depression for a long time and SI and seemedto be dealing with that a bit better but now it's all going downhill and feel very low and self concious. I guess I don't have many reasons to feel like this, my life is ok, there's quite alot of stressful things going on all the time, but who doesn't have that???? Always had very low self esteem, every day is a struggle now and I don't have the energy to do anything, I feel kind of alone too, I have people around me.....but I just don't feel it, it just doesn't feel like people understand or are saying anything nice to me.
I hate myself, wish the person I love would give me s compliment or say something good about me cos I am struggling to find anything, but seems they only notice the bad stuff too
my boyfriend just moaned at me for asking for a sigarette, cos he keeps having to pay for it and I dint have my own, reason is is that I have no money..... My student loan us nearly gone but gotta last a couple more months. Money is gone because I have been lending my boyfriend alot of money for rent and bills cos he couldn't afford to pay them. But now he just made me feel like I am selfish and not worth anything and that everyone else has to pay fir me.

I'm feeling stressed, stressed about money and how it's gunna last, and want to cut :(

*sits in a dark corner and cries*