RYL Forums

RYL Forums (http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Advice (http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Feeling unsafe. (http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255346)

MissGranger 30-10-2018 09:28 PM

Overwhelmed and lonely

I'm sorry to post. I just feel so overwhelmed and also lonely. I've just moved out of intensive enablement 24 hour supported housing into my own independent flat. I get 9 hours of care a week but I think I need more but my current care coordinator makes excuses when I bring it up. She is useless. Because I've moved out of area I've been referred to a new care coordinator and team but it's taking a while. Right now I'm struggling. I'm also anxious as I really hope I get a good new care coordinator. I don't know if I can do this anymore.

Aubergine 01-11-2018 10:04 PM

HOw're you doing?

one_step_closer 02-11-2018 03:42 PM

Is there anyone in your family or someone else supportive who you trust and could help you to speak up about what you feel you need? Starting with a new care plan and a new team is always difficult I think but hopefully you can build up some helpful relationships.

MissGranger 04-11-2018 05:01 PM

I'm not great. I'm struggling. I don't know how to cope. I have spoken to my mum about it but that's it. The new team still havent allocated me to a care coordinator yet either.

one_step_closer 06-11-2018 03:55 PM

Does it help to talk to your Mum? Have the team said when you might be allocated a CC? I hope things get sorted soon.

MissGranger 06-11-2018 07:33 PM

Sometimes I guess, but it's hard to talk to her when I'm feeling suicidal. They said it could take 3 or 4 weeks but it's been that already.

one_step_closer 07-11-2018 03:05 PM

Do you ever try general helplines when you feel suicidal? It's a shame it's taking so long to get your support organised, is there a number you or someone else can phone to ask what stage things are at?

EyelinerAndCigarettes 07-11-2018 06:17 PM

As Lindsay said, have you tried any local helplines? If you're in Wales, we have a text helpline that I personally find really useful. We're also always here for you.

x

MissGranger 07-11-2018 07:16 PM

I sometimes speak to Sane or Samaritans. Unfortunately I'm in England, not Wales. I don't know who I'm supposed to call to find out. I keep crying. I called the crisis team last night I was in such a state but they were going to call an ambulance to take me to hospital to be assessed and I was petrified of that and of being sectioned again. I'm really not coping and I don't know what to do. Thank you for the support, it means a lot to me x

EyelinerAndCigarettes 08-11-2018 08:22 PM

I'm very proud of you for calling the crisis team, is there any follow up to that?

x

MissGranger 08-11-2018 08:28 PM

Thank you. Not really they said they would see if someone could come our to see me from duty team and if I still felt unsafe today to go to A & E. My support worker also called the new mental health team who said there wasn't much point someone from duty coming out to see me, as apparently I need longer term help from a care coordinator. They said they would try to speed things up re being allocated. They suggested I focus on my senses so my support worker and I went out to Holland and Barrett and I got some oils and stuff. Unfortunately I don't feel much better.

EyelinerAndCigarettes 09-11-2018 08:40 AM

I'm glad they did offer some advice, even if you don't feel much better. Have you ever thought of making a 'saftey box', I have one where I put lots of things that make me feel safe, like the oils you were talking about, a teddy, some soothing music, a DVD, etc.

What are your plans today?, Are you safe?

x

MissGranger 09-11-2018 07:08 PM

Thanks. No I haven't made one yet but I'm hoping to at some point. I'm safe, yes. I'm going to look at a cat that I may be rescuing although I'm not sure it's a good idea with my history etc :(

EyelinerAndCigarettes 10-11-2018 04:16 AM

I rescued a cat and it truly changed my life & despite my history, she's kept me relatively safe because I need her and most of all, she needs me. Pets are amazing, pet therapy is amazing & having your own little fur baby to be responsible for can be extremely helpful & liberating.

MissGranger 10-11-2018 01:00 PM

Thanks for your reply. I did end up rehoming the cat and can't help but feel irresponsible. I have longed for my own cat for a long time but what if one day things get so bad again I OD again or something like that? I'm really hoping having this cat will help me but I'm scared of the commitment after everything I've been through. I can't even look after myself.

one_step_closer 14-11-2018 06:41 PM

I understand your worries about the cat but in my experience I have found that it's so much easier to look after an animal who depends on you than to look after yourself. My cats help to keep me safe a lot of the time because I worry about having to leave them for long periods of time if I need to get treatment for an OD or whatever. Cats can also be so loving and fun, a focus and company. I really hope you can focus on the cat and have a good relationship and feel better about things. How are you doing at the moment?

MissGranger 14-11-2018 06:44 PM

I just worry because something could happen to me if I get really suicidal again and I worry about what would happen to her. I don't want her to starve to death if something happens to me. I do get what you're saying though. I'm okay I just wish I had more hours of support and I miss my supported housing. It's hard for me.

one_step_closer 14-11-2018 07:18 PM

Of course, no one can say that you're never going to get unwell again etc but hopefully the cat will be some form of prevention. Plus crisis times away from home will likely be far fewer than the times you are at home so the cat won't have to fend for itself a lot. Focus on the good times. :) I understand that it must be hard to go from having all of the support you used to have to now having much less. Has there been any progress with getting a CC etc?

MissGranger 14-11-2018 09:55 PM

I guess so. Yeah it is really hard. No there's been no progress. Could be another couple of weeks. It's a joke. I'm struggling and no one is doing anything. Thank God I have the support workers but if only I had them more often.

one_step_closer 16-11-2018 04:46 PM

Have you told anyone that you're struggling and what exactly you feel you're struggling with? Do the support workers pass on your concerns?