RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

rainbow.love 10-06-2007 09:58 PM

im reading twilight by stephenie meyer...oh my goodness it is amazing.

Pale Enchantress 11-06-2007 11:15 PM

Young British Slacker by Andrew Osmond

Weird and not what I expected, but not bad so far nonetheless. I thought it was about urban exploration, and I guess you could consider it that if you include exploring your work place.

~Lizzie~ 11-06-2007 11:45 PM

I just finished reading Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. He is my favorite author now. So amazing!! Now I'm starting Different Seasons by Stephen King.

*Scarlett* 12-06-2007 12:59 AM

The tenth circle by jodi picoult. It's taking me forever. It's ok though.

Useless Information 101 12-06-2007 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfish2489 (Post 57880)
I just finished reading Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. He is my favorite author now. So amazing!! Now I'm starting Different Seasons by Stephen King.

Those are basically my two favorite authors haha. I loved Invisible Monsters that is one of my favorites.

Right so I gave up on 1984 pretty much and am now going to start on "But Inside Im Screaming" by Elizabeth Flock.

tearsinheaven 12-06-2007 03:50 AM

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. I decided to read all the HP books in anticipation of the seventh book coming out next month.

I rock.

shmesh 12-06-2007 04:10 AM

Im reading Scar tissue by Anthony Kiedis i hope i spelt that right, its a biography about the lead singer from Red Hot Chilli peppers Pretty good read

plastic rose 12-06-2007 04:37 AM

Technically its not a book (well not a novel anyway), but rather an epic poem, but I, like two other people in this thread, am reading "Paradise Lost" by John Milton. Personally, I absoloutely LOVE it, it's amazing!!! The language is gorgeous and the imagery is incredible, it's honestly a joy to read. It's a slow read because it's a poem, and really for best effect should be read aloud, but it's well worth it, absoloutely brilliant.

nowhereman 15-06-2007 12:30 AM

Just finished reading Emma and I by Sheila Hocken, it's about a woman and her guide dog. It was one of my favourite books when I was younger so I had to read it again.

TheBobfather1986 15-06-2007 01:25 AM

I'm reading David Hume's 'An Inquiry into Human Understanding', Nietzsche's 'Beyond Good and Evil', Victim: The Secret Tapes of Marilyn Monroe and Inside Little Britain.

ontheverge 15-06-2007 07:15 AM

I'm reading Middlesex. It's Oprah's book club book. So far it's really really good. It took me awhile to get into it though.

missm47 15-06-2007 07:54 AM

I have just finished the 1 to 12 of the Plum series by Janet Evanovitch. Can't wait for 13!!! love those books!

Emma!

amaurosis 15-06-2007 09:20 AM

I spent all yesterday reading The dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst from cover to cover. It's one of the best books I've read tbh. Absolutely devestating, beautiful and sincere. It's the kind of book you want to start over as soon as you've put it down.

Spoons 15-06-2007 10:08 AM

I'm reading the Dice man by Luke Rhinehart. Struggling to finish it, living by the dice is an interesting idea, but it is far too long and repetitive. If it was half the size it would be much better.

J.K 18-06-2007 01:28 AM

I'm in the middle of Choke by Chuck Palahniuk and am really enjoy it. Its the second book I've read by him and each one gets better and better.

~invisible~girl~ 18-06-2007 02:13 AM

I'm reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I absolutely love it, although I'm furious with the main character at the moment.

Mirabelle 18-06-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.K (Post 79844)
I'm in the middle of Choke by Chuck Palahniuk and am really enjoy it. Its the second book I've read by him and each one gets better and better.

love Palahniuk.

Right now I'm reading:

Anna Gavalda - Je voudrais que quelqu'un m'attende quelque part
Jeffrey Eugenides - the virgin suicides
Ovid - Metamorphoses
Bernad-Henri Lévy - American Vertigo
Shakespeare - Twelfth Night

Yes I know, I can't stick to just one book :ermm:

DrunkenButterfly 18-06-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBobfather1986 (Post 69906)
I'm reading David Hume's 'An Inquiry into Human Understanding', Nietzsche's 'Beyond Good and Evil', Victim: The Secret Tapes of Marilyn Monroe and Inside Little Britain.

so just a bit of light reading then :-p

ive just started Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maughaum, (dont think thats spelt right!)

meganf 18-06-2007 10:44 AM

i am currently readin
jenny tomlin's -silent sisters

gypsyroselee 18-06-2007 11:21 AM

RANT - chuck palahniuk.

it's got a longer name than that but i just cant be bothered to remember it or type it out.