RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Margo 17-05-2007 12:18 AM

Virtual Psych ward!

I just had this dumb idea...

I've twice been in a psych ward. Scary f'ing place sometimes. There were some good and bad sides to a psych ward.

Good: You were safe and you didn't have to worry. People there understood you.
Bad: You're locked up (my biggest beef). And everybody there were in for bad reasons.
Bad: When the ward was full. They couldn't always accept patients or even if it wasn't full, they refused patients because they didn't believe them or gave them the old's "You should know better"

So, what I propose, is that we have a virtual ward. This is for the people who aren't feeling well or unsafe to check in (hopefully) at least daily. Just to give us an update.

I know that some of of you won't be able to update because of lack of convenient internet access but give us an ETA of your next post.

Please don't mind my spelling mistakes.

This isn't my forum. It's yours. Feel free to add anything or to just to tell me to shut-up.

Be good, be safe,

Take care,

D'

(written by Demonic 2004)

Margo 17-05-2007 12:19 AM

*walks in, grabs duvet and sets up camp in the corner*

inkyspider 21-05-2007 11:52 AM

*Takes the other corner with a beanbag and a duvet*

Margo 21-05-2007 12:25 PM

You ok pet?
*hands you your cake and tea from next door*

inkyspider 21-05-2007 01:44 PM

Ah, thankies, for that.
I just want to curl up in the corner for a bit.

Margo 21-05-2007 02:57 PM

*tucks you in and keeps an eye on you to keep you safe*

Queen Crabbit 21-05-2007 05:06 PM

*checks in for duration of exams*

inkyspider 21-05-2007 06:59 PM

You are lovely Mathew.
I think exams should be banned Chels, they cause too many problems.
I have to say i think RYL psych services are better than NHS ones! (may have just had a psych app this afternoon, think i'm staying in my corner for a while).

Bitter_Angel 21-05-2007 07:03 PM

NHS sucks!!
I am so totally denying that i might end up working within the NHS!
22week mininum currently for counselling services lol.
Oh well. I shall come sit in her for a bit to me thinks!

Margo 22-05-2007 12:28 AM

I just received a consignment of new improved ultra soft and safe duvets, blankies and pillows! they come in all colours and theres more than enough to go round!

*cuddles chelsea*

Queen Crabbit 22-05-2007 10:35 AM

*steals 2 duvets and 20 pillows and falls asleep [dribbling, of course] on Matthew and Kim*

inkyspider 22-05-2007 10:39 AM

*takes a blankie and a few pillows to her corner and settles back in*
Is chels alright?

Bitter_Angel 22-05-2007 11:21 AM

*sits in the middle of the room rocking back an forth*
*starts singing if your happy and you know it*

craola 22-05-2007 11:28 AM

*Hides under duvet*

Margo 22-05-2007 12:08 PM

*walks round tucking everyone in and singing along with Kim*

*gets out a big story book and reads*

"Once upon a time there were four princess's called tabby and chelsea and kim and aimeee. They all lived in a great big castle on top of a great big hill and were the prettiest princess's in the whole kindom. One day........"

Bitter_Angel 22-05-2007 12:10 PM

*snuggles up with everyone else and awaits more storey*

Queen Crabbit 22-05-2007 12:11 PM

You do realise you're going to be stuck with making up this whole story now aren't you?

I well feel like sucking my thumb, but I don't have my dissy so I can't.

:(

Bitter_Angel 22-05-2007 12:13 PM

Dissy????? wha dat?

and of course he is going to make up the whole story! arnt you????
*stamps foot*

Queen Crabbit 22-05-2007 12:17 PM

Dissy was my cloth I had with a lable I'd rub my thumb/fore-finger on to go to sleep. [Name originated from me saying "I want diss [this]".

Doo-Doo was my sister's dummy.

I didn't have a doo-doo because I sucked my thumb.

Margo 22-05-2007 12:18 PM

Once upon a time there were four princess's called tabby and chelsea and kim and aimeee. They all lived in a great big castle on top of a great big hill and were the prettiest princess's in the whole kindom. One day the four princess's awoke from their great big soft comfy beds, got up and wandered down to breakfast. They each had a huge slice of cake, a mug of tea and a glass of juice. After breakfast they all went back to their rooms with a hooooge box of chocolates; just liek the ones you see in old films, snuggled back into their duvets and began chomping whilst watching their favorite films on their princess DVD players. Of course because they lived in a nagical land ALL the chocolate was calorie free and it allowed them to eat as many as they liked! The princess' were.....