RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 09-01-2011 10:42 AM

*huggles all*

been working on my assignment all day. managed to write 7 paragraphs in the end. still got quite a few - maybe another 4 or 5 to go.

head is still not in a good place. just trying to keep myself occupied so i don't think of suicide because i don't know how strong my 'will to live' is. :-(

hels: sorry i left you so suddenly on fb. my program cut me out because i was supposed to be studying and i didn't think to tell you it would be cutting in shortly. am really sorry. i was on a short study break when you saw me on there.

am trying to keep myself going. have a gp appointment on tuesday and am going to talk to him about the suicide stuff - but not in full detail.

just so damn over it ... still, it can't rain all the time, right??

Doikers 09-01-2011 12:18 PM

*Hugs Nicole*
*Hugs Helen*
*Hugs Lia*
*Hugs Ian*
*Hugs Kelly*
*Hugs Felicia*
*Hugs Kitty*
*Hugs Asanunu* Hi , I'm Mark . Welcome to the ward :)
*Hugs Heather*
*Hugs Shannon*
*Hugs Kahlia*

Doikers 09-01-2011 02:46 PM

April Passes on *Hugs* and *Cuddles* :)

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 03:11 PM

*Lurks*

Doikers 09-01-2011 03:13 PM

*Hugs Lia* How are you hun?

one_step_closer 09-01-2011 03:22 PM

Hi everyone.

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 03:34 PM

*Hugs Lindey and Mark*

I'm alright. Trying to work...blah.

How are you both?

Doikers 09-01-2011 04:05 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*

Lia , I'm urgy ......still and I so want to be over injuring myself , It's been for over half my life and I'm so sick of it :( sorry

sdixon 09-01-2011 04:13 PM

morning.

MammaMia 09-01-2011 04:13 PM

*hugs everybody*

Doikers 09-01-2011 04:27 PM

*Hugs Shannon*

*Hugs Helen*

How are you girls?

sdixon 09-01-2011 04:35 PM

*Hugs Doikers* I'm ehh, how are you?

Doikers 09-01-2011 04:45 PM

*Hugs Shannon* I've got urges , horrible urges coming and going . My Name is Mark :) You can call me that if you like :)

one_step_closer 09-01-2011 05:01 PM

*hugs Mark* Is there anything I can do to help you through this?

Doikers 09-01-2011 05:14 PM

Just asking helps, I know you care , all my wardies do and I care for each and every one of you .Urges are coming over me in waves , I bought Alcohol , Just to numb it , nothing too strong , no spirits , I'm still undecided as to whether I'll drink any of if ( IF I can stomach it ) But I just don't want to feel like this anymore :( Sorry

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 05:22 PM

I just went out with my brother on our bikes. And I let him photograph me for his photography work. Only now I smell because we cycled through a load of mud that sprayed up on my and I still haven't done my theatre homework which I shall continue to protcrastinate on until the very last second.

I'm sorry you have urges Mark, and it's good that you managed to resist buying strong alcohol :) Keep on fighting it, and if you must cut, do it carefully. I want you to be safe, or as safe as you can get under the circumstances.

Doikers 09-01-2011 05:29 PM

Thanks Lia , I will do my best . I lost about 200mg Of Lithium last night which can't be helping , I swiged the pills from out of my pill mug and heard one clatter away but I don't know where it went .

Did you have fun on your bike ride ? :)

Doikers 09-01-2011 05:37 PM

Hehe Grease is on :)

SparkleKitten 09-01-2011 05:39 PM

Afternoon Ward. Been hallucinating a little this morning and noticed a few more "friends" missing off my facebook list, one being the owner of a local business that I worked for for 2 years, half of it voulentarily because they couldn't afford to pay me, but because I wasn't happy about my corset being 7 months late and 10 more than they said somehow I'm in the wrong. All I know is I wasn't really part of their little clique at any point, they just seemed to use me for free labour. When the old co-owner was there I was made to feel welcome, when they fired him I seemed to be no longer welcome and resigned after 2 months of hell. I'm pretty annoyed because I was making an effort after being made to feel very unwelcome, but no. _ Grr.

How are you all today?

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 05:40 PM

I like that movie :) I'm watching a Primeval DVD, and I did thanks Mark. I tend to neglect my family a bit, so I feel more social now.

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 05:43 PM

I'm sorry they treated you that way Sarah, you don't deserve it and they are the ones in the wrong, not you. *Hugs*

Doikers 09-01-2011 05:47 PM

Sarah I'm sorry they treated you like crap . Do you really want people like that on your friends list? . sorry it seems that they don't deserve to be counted amongst your friends

SparkleKitten 09-01-2011 05:52 PM

Thats true guys. I was talking to a freind about it on their wall and then got deleted, their status is now on about how spineless some people are. Not really bothered at the end of the day, just irratated that "friends" can be like that. *cuddles Mark and Lia*

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 06:01 PM

You don't need those sorts of friends Sarah, and I really admire you for being able to see past them and the things your mum says. It's more than I can do :)

Does anyone else ever get dizzy spells where black dots appear in front of your eyes and you have to shut them and lean on something until it passes?

Doikers 09-01-2011 06:14 PM

Lia I get dizzy spells if I stand up from sitting too quickly , You should probably tell a Dr if it happens too much though , I asked and it's a side effect of one of my meds (I forget which one) . It can happen if you have low blood pressure I beleive.

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 06:19 PM

Hmm...it does happen when I stand too fast, but sometimes randomly as well, or when I've been stood up a few minutes and it should have happened before then. I'm not on any meds, so it can't be those. I tend to get the shakes a lot, but usually when I am nervous or upset, sometimes though, I'm not sure of the trigger. Then there's these random shooting pains I get, through my stomach, head, sometimes ribs or arms and legs. It's really weird. Sorry, I should post this on first aid. But I've had these symptoms about a year or two now and nothing's happened to me yet, so...

Doikers 09-01-2011 06:22 PM

Being Dizzy can be low blood pressue Lia Hun but with all those other symptoms I urge you to visit your GP if at all possible.:S

SparkleKitten 09-01-2011 06:27 PM

I get those too but my blood pressure is fine. Hmm. Does sound like low blood pressure.

And yeah, I was having a discussion with a friend she's fallen out with, clearly she was facebook snooping on him, so no sympathy really.

Doikers 09-01-2011 06:33 PM

*Hugs Sarah* Just ...OFF topic , did you draw that little Aloha Kitty on your avatar? It's really cute

SoMuchMore 09-01-2011 06:40 PM

*hugs wardies*

wow, 12 pages since yesterday... we certainly are moving along quickly in here :)

SparkleKitten 09-01-2011 06:40 PM

I used a dress up game and edited the background and stuff out. The zombie one I used to have was one I drew but was a bit identifiable :p *hugs Mark*

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 06:51 PM

*Hugs Laura* How might you be this evening?

Mark, I tend to go with the 'I'm not dead yet so I'll be alright' approach. People tend just to make a massive fuss if you mention 'dizzy spells' and 'pains'. Someone told me I probably had bone cancer, and that was before they knew about the dizziness and shakes...

Every time I see something Hello Kitty now Sarah, I think of you :)

Doikers 09-01-2011 06:53 PM

*Hugs Laura* Yep it's been busy in here latley , how are you hun?

*Hugs Sarah*

*Hugs Laura*

SoMuchMore 09-01-2011 06:56 PM

*hugs lia* well its still morning here lol... but i'm alright-ish. Kind of stressed about restarting work in a week b/c i have so many training sessions to set up and whatnot. Its so ironic, putting someone with horrible social anxiety in charge of a section.

and lol i go with the same approach many times when it comes to physical health issues... probably not the best idea all the time. Maybe you should see your GP.. just to get some simple blood work done and have your blood pressure taken at least? think about it?

*hugs sarah and mark*

SparkleKitten 09-01-2011 06:58 PM

*Hugs Laura* Yeah we've all been posting lots lol

*Hugs Lia* Yeah, most people IRL are like that with me too :p

*Hugs Mark*

SoMuchMore 09-01-2011 06:58 PM

*hugs mark* lol i got 2 hugs from you in ur last post - i feel so special - although one is meant for lia i think so *transfers extra hugs*

I'm alright - see last post to lia... just stressed. happy to be leaving my parents house in a few days though

SparkleKitten 09-01-2011 07:03 PM

Sounds good Laura. *hugs*

Got a bit of a headache :(

Doikers 09-01-2011 07:07 PM

Ooops sorry Lia *Massive hug to make it Up*

*Hugs Laura* That is ironic ... I'm glad you will be getting your own space back hun :)

*Hugs Sarah Just Because*

FlyingNy 09-01-2011 07:20 PM

Sorry for what Mark? I didn't mean you, I just meant this person who told me I had cancer, I was like :o

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 07:21 PM

-shuffles into the ward still feeling quite tired and stops to look to see who all is here and waves at everyone, then continues to the couch and plops down on it-

misskitty112 09-01-2011 07:23 PM

*hugs ward*
I feel like the ward is moving so fast for someone with the attention span of a peanut, like me. haha.

Anywho, hi ya'll.

SparkleKitten 09-01-2011 07:26 PM

*cuddles Kitty and Felicia*

The girl who deleted me from her friends list is under police caution (along with her family and a few of their friends) for harassing the friend I was speaking to and making threats towards his newborn baby, fiancee and her children. I certainly do not want people like that on my list!

MammaMia 09-01-2011 07:32 PM

*hugs all the wardies*

Ward's been moving fast today. Sorry for lack of individuals but I do care about you all & thinking of you. You'll get through these difficult times :) We all will.

I'm still feeling good. Got dentist tomorrow, dreading that ha. Trying to focus on the happier fact that my best friend is coming home tomorrow =)

Doikers 09-01-2011 07:32 PM

*Hugs Kitty*

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Felicia*

*Spot and hugs Helen and Sarah*

I've had to open my window my over set off my fire alarm....twice. :S

Doikers 09-01-2011 07:33 PM

Oh Helen I have the dentist for filling this month too , good luck with you appointment!

MammaMia 09-01-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceQueenHasAHeart (Post 2647830)
Does anyone else ever get dizzy spells where black dots appear in front of your eyes and you have to shut them and lean on something until it passes?

YES!!!! Not always black dots. But yes I get those. I usually try sit/lie down (depending where I am). If you keep having them, please see a doctor aout it.

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 07:35 PM

Hilo Felicia how you be? -waves sleepily-

-snuggles sarah- I be your friend. I wont delete you from my list.

I don't understand why I am so damn tired. It's getting ridiculous. Like I know I didn't get too much sleep last night, or the night before that, or the week before that. I got approximately the right amount of sleep I require in order to function. I would have just stayed sleeping this morning, but I woke up with an unhappy bladder and then couldn't go back to sleep. I know fatigue is a symptom of pregnancy, but I really don't get it. I know I lost one of my tubes, but I was never this exhausted the first go around. And you wouldn't think that losing one tube would change you that much, would you? And I am supposed to start school again tomorrow for spring semester...I'm just wondering how the hell I am going to be able to get through it when I am so tired. I just feel so drained. o.O And still not sure if I will be able to get my financial aid or not. They just told me to go to classes anyway until I find out, and if I don't get my financial aid, if they deny me, they said to "be prepared to withdraw". Aka be prepared to be homeless. I'm trying to look positively at it, telling myself they should approve me, but that guy's voice saying "it is possible that you can be denied" keeps playing through my head like a damned recording. Rawrs I just want to die so its all over. I just has no energy.

MammaMia 09-01-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2647988)
Oh Helen I have the dentist for filling this month too , good luck with you appointment!

Good luck :) I don't have any fillings. Well I do but half of one because I broke my front tooth, well half of it & obviously had to have something there!!!

****, I'm missing dancing on ice!!! *puts telly on*

Doikers 09-01-2011 07:43 PM

*Hugs Kitty* I'm sure they woulden't make a pregnant woman homeless , that would be so un-ethical , I really can't see that happening.

Thanks Helen , I'm pretty nervous but if it has to be done it has to be done.

PsychoKitty2010 09-01-2011 07:46 PM

-hugs mark- I agree that it would be unethical, but we use my financial aid to pay the bills, including rent. And if we cant afford rent, they will evict us..