RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 24-11-2010 09:50 PM

I know Lia, I try not to, is not good for me physically or emotionally...

Only worry I have Mark is our uni has some stupid minimum requirements in each assessment to pass a module. They suck about it because most you can't retake either. Its a complete joke there.

No motivation to do my assignments either. I should go and talk to my tutor but he pretty much said he doesn't think depression isn't real so I can't talk to him and the course leader really doesn't like me because I keep asking for a photocopy of his notes due to my bad hands... If I could go back 2 years I would not have done this course where I am now.

*edit* Shad, perhaps you could ask them about their confidentiality policy and under what circumstances they may or may not contact others about how you're doing.

Kahlia1981 24-11-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow13 (Post 2578257)
Hey, sorry I wasn't on yesterday, I went to sleep! YAY! So yeah, also yesterday morning I finally went to the hospital, I've been waiting for this appointment for like 4 months apparantly... :blink: Well I've suffered with migrains for almost 2 and a half years so I got refered to the hospital instead of going to the doctors every month. I'm on new meds. They're called Propanolol. But they have... kinda harsh side-effects. They main ones being: Dizziness, blurred vision and they can slow down my pulse - which can lead to fainting. I'm only been on them a day so far. I've taken 3 (one at night and one in the morning, started them at night - supposed to take 2 aday).
It's what happened today I'm worried about. I was lying on my bed and I suddenly felt a wave of sickness hit me and a feeling of guilt and worry settled in the pit of my stomache. And then... I started crying.... I didn't know why though. And when my mom asked what I was worrying about, I told her - while sobbing - that 'I really didn't know', then added, 'everything'.
Was this an anxiety attack? What the HELL just happened 20 minuets ago?

Shad: Propranolol is a beta-blocker - a medicine used to treat high blood pressure (and sometimes anxiety) which is why one of the side effects is slowing down the pulse leading to fainting. It's possible you had an anxiety attack. Everyone who has trouble with anxiety experiences it differently. It's probably best just to keep a diary (or something) to see if this sort of thing happens again, and if so how often and so forth to see if it is a side effect. If it is, it should hopefully go away fairly quickly as your body adapts to the med. Sorry you are having to go through it though.

*hugs all*

Going to the GP today. Going to get him to take a look at my leg.
Also, my 27 month SI free milestone is in approx 2 hours. :-) - partae!! :woot:

Doikers 24-11-2010 09:58 PM

*Hugs Shad* 2 Months Tomorrow ! Thats great :) Anything you tel to your Pysch Dr is private and confidential unless you are 1) A Minor (But you can still ask the Dr if he/she can keep it private before you divulge) or 2) A risk to yourself or others .

*Hugs Sarah Just Because*

Doikers 24-11-2010 09:59 PM

Way to go Kahlia!!!!!:) 27 months is massive :D

SparkleKitten 24-11-2010 09:59 PM

Congrats to everyone on their milestones, you're all doing so well. I avoid remembering my dates so I don't feel guilty if I slip up :p

misskitty112 24-11-2010 10:05 PM

*hugs Shad and Kahlia* you guys are both amazing with your milestones. I feel like I should make both of ya'll a cake, or cupcakes, cause they're more fun!
Sarah, I don't keep track of milestones either. I know I'm trying not to SI before my Christmas exchange with my roomie, cause if I don't SI, she's getting me a penguin pillow pet... but that's really the only thing I'm keeping track of.

Speaking of my roomie, she has a webcomic, and this week's story is something that happened between us, it's so funny! Anyway, she just emailed me the link, and I wanted to tell someone.

shadow13 24-11-2010 10:09 PM

Yeah I apparnatly had a high blood pressure from stress.... eh. what can you do?

Doikers 24-11-2010 10:10 PM

Felicia , What is a Penguin Pillow Pal? , They sound Fun :)

misskitty112 24-11-2010 10:12 PM

They're a stuffed animal that unfold, I guess you say to be a pillow too.
http://www.mypillowpets.com/pages/pillows/penguin.html
you can check it out on the website. That's the one she bought me, cause I think penguins (and panda bears) are the cutest things ever!

Doikers 24-11-2010 10:17 PM

They are Neat Felicia :)

misskitty112 24-11-2010 10:23 PM

Thanks. I'm like a little kid sometimes, I really really love stuffed animals.

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 10:23 PM

How's it going Felicia? With the phone call and everything.

I love google too Shad, you know you're screwed when google doesn't know...Two months free is really great!

And well done you too Kahlia on making it so far! Especailly since you've been struggling so much recently, you could have easily gone back to it and you haven't, you should be proud of yourself :)

I'm like Sarah myself, I avoid counting because to me, it's not a promblem. I will cut when the urge arises and hardly ever bother to try and resist. I don't see why I shouldn't and I don't like myself enough to stop. But I am getting better. I've found someone to stop for.

SparkleKitten 24-11-2010 10:24 PM

So cute. My new bag fell apart and my old one is almost done for. But getting a new t-shirt free because one of my almost new ones had a manufacturer flaw sooo I'm going to get a new plain black bag and dress it up with my old t-shirt, yay motivation to do something :)

I love stuffed toys too Felicia - one of my christmas presents is a giant Hello Kitty from Build-a-bear!

Yeah mine's a lot like Lia's, its infrequent but I don't really want to stop yet. I'm trying but I don't think my heart is in it yet. *shrugs*

Kahlia1981 24-11-2010 10:30 PM

On the topic of google ... have any of you seen this pic?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:R...-insid.jpg&t=1

It really amuses me.

SparkleKitten 24-11-2010 10:33 PM

That picture is awesome.

shadow13 24-11-2010 10:34 PM

I took the suggestion of keeping a diary. I'm sure my doc will be interested and possibley pass it on to my psychiatrist when i finally get one. My next appointment is on january 7th at 9:20am - go me, i remembered! So we'll see what happens, i guess. :)

Doikers 24-11-2010 10:34 PM

Thats very funny :)

misskitty112 24-11-2010 10:35 PM

Lia, I'm going in on Monday, my team wanted to see me Friday, but being the holiday weekend it is, they can't. I told them I had a date set; and I honestly wanted help. And obviously, everyone knows I'm such a control freak, I set a date so I could get things ready and have everything mapped out for those who have to handle my funeral and such, so I'm safe for the weekend. Sooo... *crosses fingers* I'm missing class on Monday, so this better not have a turnout I'm gonna hate.

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 10:37 PM

Lol Kahlia!

And good luck with the appoinment Shad.

Most awesome song ever!

I'm like that Sarah, my heart just isn't in it right now and I don't have much will to stop.

I'm glad you have an appointment Felicia, good luck and please do try and stay safe in the meantime *Bigs bear hugs*

SparkleKitten 24-11-2010 10:38 PM

Thats good Shad, my diary helps me from time to time.

*cuddles Felicia* I really hope it turns out well for you hun. We all care about you deeply x

Oh Lia if I listen to that I'll cry, I always cry my eyes out at Puff the Magic Dragon

Edit - 5 seconds in I welled up, 36 seconds in I cried. I'm so soft :p

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 11:01 PM

Sorry Sarah. Why's it so sad for you? It's a song from my childhood and makes me remember times when I was happy. Ish.

Doikers 24-11-2010 11:02 PM

Night Night My Ward Mates
*Hugs all who can accept and waves at those who prefer waves*

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 11:11 PM

Night night Mark. *Hugs* Sleep well.

MammaMia 24-11-2010 11:26 PM

I'm 9 months free in just over two hours. Yay for Kahlia & was it Shad who's two months in just over two hours????

*cuddles ward*

I'm feeling really bad tonight & really really want my best friend. But she's really bad, maybe worse than me. I'm so selfish I know.

Kahlia1981 24-11-2010 11:31 PM

I've got half an hour to go until I make my 27 months ... then I'm going to get out on the psych ward dance floor and bust a move - but gently of course so that I don't damage my leg any more lol. Early congrats Hels. Well done, especially since I know you've been struggling lately. Lets throw ourselves (and everyone else because we like to share) some confetti, and have a major ward party ... just because we can! :-D

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 11:42 PM

You're not selfish Helen, everyone needs someone, but I do get that. Where you feel you can't talk to someone because they have their own problems. And well done on your 9 months :D That's amazing!

Cazki 24-11-2010 11:48 PM

Hi everyone, *Hugs for everyone*

MammaMia 24-11-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlia1981 (Post 2578442)
I've got half an hour to go until I make my 27 months ... then I'm going to get out on the psych ward dance floor and bust a move - but gently of course so that I don't damage my leg any more lol. Early congrats Hels. Well done, especially since I know you've been struggling lately. Lets throw ourselves (and everyone else because we like to share) some confetti, and have a major ward party ... just because we can! :-D

Dancing sounds like the best idea. Can I join in too? :hop: Thank you honey, it's not been easy these last few weeks, been REALLY struggling with my urges (not that I've posted about it). Well obviously neither have the last 9 months (and more lol) But I think a major ward party is a good idea. Esp as we're all struggling so much it would seem. Think we could all do with bit of fun :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceQueenHasAHeart (Post 2578459)
You're not selfish Helen, everyone needs someone, but I do get that. Where you feel you can't talk to someone because they have their own problems. And well done on your 9 months :D That's amazing!

I guess you're right Lia :) I'm sure she'd want me to talk to her. But I just don't know right now.. I try not to =/ Thank you for congratulations :D

MammaMia 24-11-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsoon (Post 2578467)
Hi everyone, *Hugs for everyone*

*hugs Ian* How you doing?

Cazki 24-11-2010 11:53 PM

*Hugs Helen Back*
*Hugs Sarah*
*Hugs Kahlia*
*Hugs Mark*
*Hugs Lia*
*Hugs Felicia*

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 11:58 PM

Hey Ian. How are you?

SparkleKitten 25-11-2010 12:01 AM

Lia - I don't know, I guess its just the whole being forgotten thing, like a little lost animal. Though I get upset when people kill insects.

Nighty night Mark *snuggles*

*cuddles Helen* you're not being selfish, we all need someone some of the time. Well done on the 9 months, I'm proud of you, I'm proud of all the wardies :)

*cuddles Ian* how you doing?

*cuddles Kahlia*

I'd join in with the dancing but my poor arthritic knee doesn't want to play this evening

Kahlia1981 25-11-2010 12:02 AM

I'm officially throwing open the ward dance party.
* All music types
* All dance styles
* Areas with and areas without strobe lights - to cater for people who like to go clubbing and those sensitive to the effects of strobe lights and people with epilepsy
* The bar is open and drinks are free - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic lol (& the best part is that since they are virtual you can never get drunk on them)
* Food is available in all different cultural styles/flavours/variations (sorry couldn't think of the word I was looking for) & the best part is it's calorie free!!

Come on in and have a great time!!

Kahlia1981 25-11-2010 12:03 AM

^ Perhaps I should add to the above
"Don't trip over Puppy SinClair if he happens to wander in" lol

Cazki 25-11-2010 12:03 AM

Dont worry about me. Doesnt matter. How are you Lia and Sarah? How are you Helen?

MammaMia 25-11-2010 12:05 AM

WOOOOOOOO sounds good Kahlia.
To be honest, me & my best regularly go to a 'virtual pub' and have parties lol. We're awesome like that :P

Yay for your 27 months. I'm 9 months - thanks for the congratulations from you Sarah- in 55 minutes!!!!

MammaMia 25-11-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsoon (Post 2578484)
Dont worry about me. Doesnt matter. How are you Lia and Sarah? How are you Helen?

YOU matter Ian. Talk to us or I'm sure anyone would be happy to talk via PM :) I'm really low but hanging in there :)

FlyingNy 25-11-2010 12:14 AM

You do matter Ian :) You can talk to us.

Woo, party! Let's get virtually pissed! Wait, it doesn't matter that I am underage does it?

MammaMia 25-11-2010 12:18 AM

No it doesn't :)

FlyingNy 25-11-2010 12:19 AM

Woo! Underage drinking! It's much more fun when it's illegal :) Well done the both of you, and Shad too for making two months. In about 40 minutes.

*Breaks into the macerena*

SparkleKitten 25-11-2010 12:22 AM

I'm too old for underage drinking here. Still feel all cool and edgy if I buy a drink with no ID on me though lol

I'm feeling good, its lovely to be back. :)

Cazki 25-11-2010 12:26 AM

I'm not bad. Joins everyone else for a drink.

SparkleKitten 25-11-2010 12:28 AM

Mmm Relentless... My favourite thing right now.

Edit - Bed for me now wardies - nighty night x

FlyingNy 25-11-2010 12:53 AM

Me too. Night night Sarah. As much as I wanna stay up for the party, school won't wait. Love you all.

Comely 25-11-2010 02:38 AM

Hello. Checking in for the first time. *shuffles feet* *feeling shy*

risenfromperdition 25-11-2010 03:07 AM

*waves to everyone* cant focus to go through 5 pages sorry ><
but hope you're all ok.

shadow13 25-11-2010 03:16 AM

Hi guys! I'm back! So I have been officially 2 months free for the last 2 hours and 17 minuets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I right a right to be proud of myself?.... and to feel this happy?

Comely 25-11-2010 03:18 AM

I couldn't focus through 5 pages either Bbe. I'm not so good, to be honest. It's so difficult to say that and not give the generic "alright". But here is a place to be honest. :)

Comely 25-11-2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow13 (Post 2578917)
Hi guys! I'm back! So I have been officially 2 months free for the last 2 hours and 17 minuets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I right a right to be proud of myself?.... and to feel this happy?

Soooo amazing!!! The first months are the most difficult! You rock!

shadow13 25-11-2010 03:28 AM

I'm going to bed now... Assuming my insomnia lets me. Night all *Curls up with fellow wardies, smiling at her 2 month victory over self-harm*
*whispers* Victory!

*Writes note and places it next to her for all the fellow wardies to see when they wake up because she'll be asleep or at school*:

Shadow13 AKA 'Shad'
2 Months Free

-As of Thursday November 25th 2010 at midnight-