RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 31-10-2010 11:17 AM

*Hugs Helen* How are you?

*Hugs Julie* Good luck at the hospital !

one_step_closer 31-10-2010 11:42 AM

I'll be thinking about you, Julie.

How are you, Mark?

Doikers 31-10-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the update about Hayley. Will you let her know we're all thinking of her? I know I am anyway. She's not a bad wardie/friend & needs to take care of herself.
^^^^ I did it :)

Doikers 31-10-2010 11:47 AM

I'm triggered but a little (Very Little) better than the last few days , but it's a bit early to tell right now how my day will be , I'm really struggling to get out of bed recently :(

How are you Lindsay? *Hugs*

xxjuliexx 31-10-2010 12:12 PM

i dont wanna do it ill keep the teeth

MammaMia 31-10-2010 12:13 PM

Julie, will be thinking of you sweeheart.

Mark, am glad you did. I'm really **** & just want things to get better. *hugs* I'm sorry you're triggered a little. Urges suck big time, I've been having them on/off for days >_< Just take each day one hour at a time, or even a minute at a time if that helps. Esp when you're not feeling too great.

Lindsay!! How are you?? *hugs*

MammaMia 31-10-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxjuliexx (Post 2549047)
i dont wanna do it ill keep the teeth

I know you don't sweetheart. But I'm sure there's a good reason why they want to remove them & it's the best thing for your health & teeth.

xxjuliexx 31-10-2010 12:15 PM

i dont like the dentist

MammaMia 31-10-2010 12:17 PM

Don't think anyone likes going and sometimes people hate their actual dentist too. Just think it'll be over really really soon.

Doikers 31-10-2010 01:42 PM

Helen You're right , The 15 minute game is the thing to do I think , I REALLY need to distract myself perhaps I'll play that game I got from ebay today... right now I'm here and have music on but thinking unhelpful thoughts .

Is anyone else here worried about kids coming around for trick and treating tonight ? I am worried . There are quite a few houses around here decourated and a lot of that age of kids , I hope the kids only go to decourated houses , I'm not answering the door tonight :S , How pathetic is this , intimidated by little kids , I don't want bad stuff shoved through my letter box

MammaMia 31-10-2010 01:50 PM

You're not being intimidated by them Mark. A LOT of people will be ignoring their doors tonight. I know we will be again like last night. Not that we really get many trick or treaters. Some kids only go to decorated houses anyway. Nobody wants bad stuff shoved through their letterboxes & I hope nobody does that.

Try to keep distracted, easier said than done I know.

To make a not-so-great day even worse, I'm not seeing my Dad today :(

Doikers 31-10-2010 02:36 PM

Yeah I'm just a little paranoid today , Thanks for the reasurrance Helen . I'm sorry you're not going to see your Dad today :(*Hugs*

one_step_closer 31-10-2010 03:14 PM

I hope everything goes ok, Mark. I'll also be ignoring my door if anyone comes to it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing your Dad, Helen. Can you do something nice for yourself to try to lift your mood a little?

I'm not really sure how I am. My cousin was supposed to be coming to visit but I told her that i'm not well because my social anxiety is really bad right now and I don't have the strength to challenge it. I went to the gym but only managed to stay for about 40 minutes. I'm not happy with my life. I just want to die.

MammaMia 31-10-2010 03:34 PM

Mark, you're very welcome for the reassurance. We all get paranoid sometimes. I'm sorry too but hopefully he & Jane will be better soon. Plus means they can't pass it onto me. *hugs*

Lindsay, I can't do anything nice. Trying to make myself do some college work, but it's getting myself started & keep on task. Blah. I'm sorry your anxiety is having a bad day. Good on you for going to the gym though, even if it was for a short while. I get fed up with my life and makes me want to die too, feel bit like that today. But deep down, I know I have to try change what's happening or whatever the appropriate action is and keep going somehow. Try be gentle on yourself. Things will get better Lindsay. Look how far you've come *hugs*

Doikers 31-10-2010 03:45 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* Please take good care of yourself Lindsay .

*Hugs Helen*You really don't need to get sick , I hope your Dads better soon.

misskitty112 31-10-2010 03:47 PM

*hugs everyone*
I wish I had the energy to do more. I haven't even gotten out of bed today.

Doikers 31-10-2010 03:57 PM

*Hugs Felicia* Hmmm I hate it when I can't get out of bed , I struggled today so can empathise , sorry I know that helps not at all :S

MammaMia 31-10-2010 04:08 PM

Mark - Indeed I don't!! I just had two weeks off college as I've been away & then it's been half term so I need to get back :D

Felicia - that always sucks :(

Doikers 31-10-2010 04:09 PM

I Cannot focus , arrg , it's so frustrating , sorry :( I'm going to lay down for a bit .

MammaMia 31-10-2010 04:14 PM

I know the feeling Mark, I'm trying to focus on this college work & I'm struggling to keep focus. Hope having a lie down helps.

FlyingNy 31-10-2010 05:51 PM

Hey guys *hugs all*

I don't know how I am at the moment. I've found a kind of happiness, although I don't know how long it will last. Nothing happened, I just realised what I have rather than what I don't have, but it's scary. A part of me is clinging to the pain I have had for so long because for the past 3 years it is all I have ever known and life without it is terrifying.

There are also some things I need closure on before I can move on. I need to know what happend. I'd also like a name, just a name, of the man who is just as much related to me as my mother.

Doikers 31-10-2010 06:02 PM

*Hugs Lia* Yey for having a bit of happiness even ifyou don't know where it came from , it sounds like you have developed a very positive attitude :) I hope you get the closure you so want too.

I napped and kept , in my half sleepy state thinking it was night time , I'm back up now and I guess I'll make dinner soon , I've already had someone a knocking on my door :S

misskitty112 31-10-2010 06:53 PM

2 PM and I'm still not out of bed. Is it sad that I almost don't care?

I hope you have a good dinner, Mark, wanna make some for me too? haha :)

Doikers 31-10-2010 06:59 PM

It's not sad Felicia , You are just having a really low time by the sound of it *Huggles* Fancy some spaggetti with mixed fryed up veg and vege sausages? *Hands over a plate of food*

SoMuchMore 31-10-2010 07:03 PM

*hugs mark, lia, helen, and felicia*

*curls up far away*

Doikers 31-10-2010 07:20 PM

*Hugs Laura* What up Hun?

misskitty112 31-10-2010 07:24 PM

That sounds really good, Mark!
Laura, what's up, darlin?

I got out of bed briefly, then decided it was too cold, so I'm cuddled up again until my meeting tonight.

SparkleKitten 31-10-2010 07:26 PM

Hey guys *cuddles*

Got my new glasses today, reactions lenses are awesome! Scared for tomorrow with the rheumatologist. Don't want more jabs, and if I go on my meds like I'm supposed to I'm in trouble from my mum but if not I could have serious bone issues :/ I don't know what to do. Ugh.

Sorry, huggles and my best wishes are all I have right now. Might be back in later *cuddles* x

SoMuchMore 31-10-2010 07:30 PM

I'm really low and can't concentrate on my uni work. I feel like im failing.. at multiple things in life - school, friends, family, work... Can I please just hide away forever? maybe being completely alone would be easier.

SoMuchMore 31-10-2010 07:38 PM

sorry. Im in a bad spot, but its no excuse for being a bad wardie.

*hugs mark* your dinner sounds delicious!

*hugs felicia* I'm sorry you are having a hard time with feeling low as well. it is extremely cold today too = doesn't help. I would go back to bed if i could.

*hugs sarah* glad that your glasses are great! You have to do what is best for your health, no matter what your mom wants.

Doikers 31-10-2010 07:40 PM

*Hugs Sarah* I think you should take meds if you need them even if you Mum gets mad , You have to look after yourself hun .

*Hugs Laura* It woulden't be easier to be totally alone even if it seems it now , I'm sure you're not failing at everything .

I.Want.A.Drink , How is it fair that I can't have one? I didn't pick up a bottle or can or whatever and say to myself ?" ?Right Mark , time to drink yourself asleep for years until you have to have help" So I don't drink , I cut , and I'm seriously considering doing that (again) today . I know , I have a roof over my head and food and the internet, I'm just not happy *Sigh* My Life , revoles around Substance use and S.I. :(:(:(:(

xxjuliexx 31-10-2010 07:49 PM

*curls up* i dont wanna i dont wanna i'm so nervos i feel sick

Doikers 31-10-2010 07:52 PM

It will be fine Julie , can you distract yourself somehow , put on some happy energetic music , or read a book perhaps?

xxjuliexx 31-10-2010 07:55 PM

i have to get the bus to the hospital i could just miss the bus...

nicole94 31-10-2010 08:07 PM

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 31-10-2010 08:30 PM

*Hugs Julie*

*Hugs Nicole* How are you this halloween night?

xxjuliexx 31-10-2010 08:31 PM

halloween was yesterday

nicole94 31-10-2010 08:33 PM

*hugs mark* i'm good thanks, you? although i have the most amaazing urge to go to my neighbours house (the crazy one) and trick or treat, i would love to see her face! lol.

nicole94 31-10-2010 08:34 PM

*hugs julie* halloween is today in england :D

xxjuliexx 31-10-2010 09:07 PM

i dont wanna go

Doikers 31-10-2010 09:10 PM

Julie , It won't be as bad as you're thinking it will be , and once it's done you'll never have to have it done again *Hugs Ya*

MammaMia 31-10-2010 09:11 PM

I'm ready to scream and burst into tears. I've been doing this piece of work for hours and it's being an ******** now. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR JUST WORK PROPERLY!!!

*hugs ward*

EDIT: I fixed it, wished I'd tried closing & re-opening it earlier :|

xxjuliexx 31-10-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doikers (Post 2549626)
Julie , It won't be as bad as you're thinking it will be , and once it's done you'll never have to have it done again *Hugs Ya*

oh i wish that was true. i have to get all 4 out but they're only doing 2 at a time

Doikers 31-10-2010 09:29 PM

*Hugs Ward Goodnight*
Heres to a halfway decent November for us all :)

MammaMia 31-10-2010 09:52 PM

I've finished YAY!!!

Mark, goodnight, indeed we can only hope :D

SoMuchMore 31-10-2010 10:11 PM

*cuddles helen* i'm glad you were able to finish your assignment! Good job!

*hugs julie* hopefully it will be less painful only doing 2 at a time. Getting your wisdom teeth out can really suck, but its only bad for a day or so, then it gets easier. Lots of people have to do it, you're not alone in your fear though. I was scared, but you can make it through.

*hugs mark* sleep well! i'm sorry you were feeling so badly earlier. I'm glad you can't drink, even if you want to because its not a good coping mechanism either... which you already know. Hope you feel better in the morning.

*hugs nicole* hope you have a fun halloween night!

MammaMia 31-10-2010 10:28 PM

Laura, indeed. Haven't done the whole booklet, as we were only told to do the first 12 months in the 5 areas when I last was in that particular lesson for that unit. So, probably have about another 2 years to do by now LOL but my unit tutor hasn't told me what I've missed at all unlike the other 3 who have for the week I was at my bestie's, I've nearly caught up with all that though thankfully.

I'm feeling a little less **** than I was earlier now I've spoken to my bestie (we had bit of an upset again last night) and got that booklet work done. Wish I could feel completely better. Bit nervous about going back to college tomorrow. Haven't been there for about 2 & half weeks. Plus haven't been in college on a Monday (which is my longest day too grr) since September :| Hoping it'll help take my mind off things...?

SoMuchMore 31-10-2010 10:37 PM

*hugs*
Oh I hopefully the catch up isnt too much more! I'm glad you are feeling a little better than earlier. Try not to be too nervous about going back to college, although its completely understandable. Schoolwork can be a good distraction though, even if it is a pain. Ive been doing work all day :-/

MammaMia 31-10-2010 10:41 PM

I know how you feel, it took me from about 3-9pm doing that booklet. Obviously I had breaks & stuff. But I struggled to stay completely focused on it. The catch up of the work has been overwhelming me. I'm considering speaking to this mentor I spoke to about stuff when I was last at college about it. Need to speak to her about other stuff, as I'm hoping she can help as she works for student support anyway. *hugs tight* Hope you get to finish your work soon.

Doikers 01-11-2010 11:13 AM

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Laura*

*Hugs Julie* How did the dentist go ?

Happy November everyone :)