RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Scarletdreamer 05-09-2010 10:07 PM

Sorry, guys, for not being about. It's been a relatively busy day (if you count taking a nearly 2-hour-long nap "being busy," ahaha... >_<)... WoW for awhile this morning then church then lunch out then a nap... so I haven't really had the time to be on. But I am doing okay, other than feeling overly full from lunch :( which really sucks. It wasn't much more than I would eat on my meal plan but lunches on this meal plan fill me super full too so maybe it's the time of day? :-/ Anyway...

Sorry, there were 2.5 pages since the last time I posted, so no individuals for now... but... *spies Sarah, Lia, and Laura, and glomps!!!* :D

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:08 PM

Sounds like you had a nice day :) *glomps April*

Scarletdreamer 05-09-2010 10:08 PM

Lol Mark, yep, you got me. ;) *huggles*

Oh and Sarah, wanted to agree with the others and say that you're not soft, shouting does scare me as well. It's very intimidating - or so I find it. Ugh. :(

shadowedsoul 05-09-2010 10:09 PM

Thanks mark, hmm can't say sorry. Sorry.

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 10:15 PM

''m scared. Is it sad (as in pathetic) that I have to wrap my own arms around myself because there's no one around to hold me together for me?

*Hugs Jill and April* What exactly is glomping anyway?

Doikers 05-09-2010 10:18 PM

No Lia thats neither sad or pathetic, we all need to be comforted sometimes , it's a totally normal human need *Hugs ya*

MammaMia 05-09-2010 10:18 PM

Glomping is a jumping-on-someone-kinda-hug :)

& Mark's right, we all need comforting..

Scarletdreamer 05-09-2010 10:19 PM

Why're you scared, Lia? And no, I don't view that as pathetic... I do think it's sad though that you don't have anyone around you to help you hold you together... but sad as in sad, not sad as in pathetic. *hugs gently* We're here to talk with though, so talk away if you feel like. <3

Oh and glomping is kind of like... squishy-bear-tackle-hugs. I guess that's the best way to describe it. ;) No one's quite sure.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:21 PM

Oh Lia thats not pathetic at all *hugs*

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 10:26 PM

*Actually smiles* Well I've been glomping people wrong all along.

It's my own fault that I don't have anyone, it's just lonely sometimes. A lot of the time, actually. I have people inside my head, but not in a MPD way, I know they aren't real, but they comfort me. Like several imaginary friends. There's a boy my age called Adam, a woman in her 30s called Sam, and two others called Poppy and Jules. I know that's really weird, and I'm, like, 16, way too old for that sort of thing, but I get lonely.

I'm scared of a future without the one person who made me feel I was worth something, who tied me to this world.

You know what's great about this ward? If I told that to anyone else, they would think I was a nutjob, or had multiple personality disorder, but I know you guys won't judge me.

misskitty112 05-09-2010 10:30 PM

*hugs Lia* I love you and definitely do not think you're a nutjob.

My sinus pills aren't kicking in. Damnit. And I'm still triggered, so I'm gonna suck it up, put on my ipod, and take a walk.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:32 PM

...I'm kinda jealous I don't have my own imaginary friends to converse with and have as company, because a lot of the people I know suck. I used to have imaginary animals and when I started on my meds I was convinced I was a badger. I still get all badgery when I get tired. Heh. So in a way I sorta know what you're getting at.

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 10:33 PM

Stay safe Felicia. *Hugs* I hope you feel better soon.

It is nice Sarah, but I feel a bit weird. I'm 16. I should have stopped this years ago.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:37 PM

*hugs* I think its just a mechanism you've developed to deal with being lonely, you're not crazy or anything like that, all it means is you have an amazing imagination, which is something to be proud of :)

You take care Felicia *hugs*

Doikers 05-09-2010 10:46 PM

*Heads to bed* I have a tenancy review and then my nurse tomorrow so I want to be well rested , A bit nervous about the review as my housing support worker might bring his boss too. As for my nurse I need to be breathalised quick so I can re-take my Antabuse and I have a feeling it will be a tough , intense meeting , fingers crossed it won't rain too hard on my walks there and back.

*Hugs Ward*

Laura2.0 05-09-2010 10:48 PM

I dont think that it is weird.
I daydream that someone is looking after me when Im feeling lonely. I just close my eyes and daydream.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 10:49 PM

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow *hugs Mark*

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 10:58 PM

Thanks Sarah. I do love my imagination. I daydream a lot, and I write. I love writing, it's the only way I can really express my feelings. And I love acting too, pretty much all the things where I can get lost in another world and not have to be me in this one.

I hope it goes well tomorrow Mark.

Hey Laura. *Hugs* I'm Lia, how are you?

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 11:06 PM

I wish I had that ability, I'm rarely able to switch off from reality and daydream :(

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 11:10 PM

*Hugs Sarah* it can be hard coming back to reality and realising it will never be.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 11:19 PM

Aww :( *hugs*

Got some moaning here that because I'm doing maths at uni and thats apparently a waste of time. *sigh*

shadowedsoul 05-09-2010 11:24 PM

Cuddles all. Hmm I really want to hurt right now. Feel such a retard. Can't do this. Such a waste if space.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 11:32 PM

*hugs* You're not a waste of space at all

MammaMia 05-09-2010 11:40 PM

You're not a waste of space or a retard Jill. Stop putting yourself down darling. xx

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 11:42 PM

You're not at all Jill. Please stay safe. *Hugs*

So know the feeling Sarah. Apparently my English and drama are a 'waste of time', but you do what you wanna do, don't let anyone else rule your life for you. I personally hate maths, but each to their own. *Hugs*

MammaMia 05-09-2010 11:44 PM

I hate people telling others that their college/university courses are a waste of time. Not like they're forcing them to do it too. People should be happy with the choices they have made and do what they want & stuff those kind of opinions *rolls eyes* Clearly must be useful or they wouldn't exist as courses. DUH!

misskitty112 05-09-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribenalion (Post 2476351)
Aww :( *hugs*

Got some moaning here that because I'm doing maths at uni and thats apparently a waste of time. *sigh*

It is not a waste of time at all. I get people telling me I should do maths at uni, and that being in English is a waste of time.

SparkleKitten 05-09-2010 11:51 PM

Ah my family are pushing me to continue doing maths after I graduate but its a waste of time... I'm confused. :(

FlyingNy 05-09-2010 11:52 PM

Personally Felicia, I love English. What's your course exactly? I want to do English and American literature with creative writing. OH, and maybe a bit of drama thrown in, but that's no on the course list for the uni I want to do to. Actually, I don't think triple is an option anywhere. I could do modules in drama though I suppose.

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 12:09 AM

Hmm sorry not sure I can tonight.

SparkleKitten 06-09-2010 12:26 AM

We're all here for you *hugs* xx

misskitty112 06-09-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceQueenHasAHeart (Post 2476410)
Personally Felicia, I love English. What's your course exactly? I want to do English and American literature with creative writing. OH, and maybe a bit of drama thrown in, but that's no on the course list for the uni I want to do to. Actually, I don't think triple is an option anywhere. I could do modules in drama though I suppose.

My courses are British Literature with a concentration in the Jacobian period and going from there, cause I love Brit Lit once I get to the Jacobian period, American Literature with a concentration in the postmodern period, Creative Writing, and Journalism.
Yeah... I'm a little insane.

Jill, we're here for you *hugs*

taz35 06-09-2010 12:31 AM

*huggles everyone*

Scarletdreamer 06-09-2010 12:36 AM

Wow, pretty active thread today!! Sorry I've not been around more... feel bad about that.

Lia, I don't think you're batty at all for having a good imagination. :) I will tell you (well, all of you :P) a secret that I've not told anyone else - when I was in hospital the last time, I was put in ICA (intensive care area, where you don't interact with anyone and the toilets don't have handles and if you are on maximum watch you don't get any privacy at all, that type of place) (and no, that's not the secret, hehe). Well, when I was in ICA, because I didn't have anyone to talk with, I retreated inwards (tend to do that when alone, space out/daydream) and had this made up dragon called the Keeper. He watched over me and sometimes I pretended/thought I could see him out the window. I guess it was kind of like God, in a sense, I don't know. He reassured me and sometimes I pretended that he flew me right out of ICA, since I HATED being in that section of the ward. People think that you're a freak if you're in there (I mean, other people in the "regular" ward), or dangerous, or something like that, since usually the dangerous people are back there. (I have no idea why I was put back there upon arrival, apparently they thought I was of greater risk to self and others at that time?) Anyway... so yeah. Haven't told anyone else about that. :) But, like Lia said, I know you all won't judge me or tell me I'm a nutcase or anything. :) Love you all!! <3

But anyway... Lia, you're 16 and you're saying you're too old for that. I was freaking 20 then. :P And even now, when I'm 22, I still have that type of thing going on... still like to daydream about the Keeper (that's his name, he doesn't go by any other). I don't know. I don't think that you can ever really be too old for that type of thing. Does that make sense?? >_<

Ahhh another Laura!! :) Welcome. I remember having another Laura here before so I'm sorry if that was you, as I can't remember her screenname. >_< I know, dense of me but oh well. Blah. I'm April btw. ^_^

Sorry, I totally rambled... *hides after glomping Felicia, Lia, Taz, Sarah, and Hels* XD

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 01:00 AM

Hmm nevermind, I'm being stuiped.

SparkleKitten 06-09-2010 01:00 AM

Heading off for the night to make myself a nice quiet safe place in my quilt

Night all and stay safe *hugs* x

Scarletdreamer 06-09-2010 01:04 AM

G'night Sarah, pleasant dreams. Same to you, Mark. *tucks you into your individual ward beds* :) Oh and Mark, good luck tomorrow!!

Jill, what's up, honey? what you feel like you're being stupid about? *gentle hugs*

Felicia, how was your walk? (since I spy you... hehe)

Oliver *glomps* How are you?

misskitty112 06-09-2010 01:05 AM

Goodnight, Sarah!
I think I'm gonna sleep for a bit before finishing up my Brit Lit reading

April, my walk was very mind clearing. I feel much better!

*cuddles all the wardies and leaves sweets and stuffed animals*

FlyingNy 06-09-2010 01:09 AM

Wow Felicia, that's a lot!

Thanks for telling me that April. I guess it's not so bad, just a defence mecanism for the lonliness, like Sarah said. I like them, especailly Sam, she's lovely a lot like me. She can be two different people and one of them's an Ice Queen. Poppy's the person I want to be.

I'd better go now as I have school later today. Night all wardies, thanks for listening to me and not calling me crazy! I have great friends in you guys. *Hugs all*

x

Scarletdreamer 06-09-2010 01:12 AM

G'night Lia, pleasant dreams to you as well!! *tucks you in your ward bed too, if you don't mind?* And you're welcome for telling you that. I've not told anyone else for fear of them thinking me super batty, lol, but as I said... I trust you guys. :) <3 *cuddles all*

Felicia, glad that the walk was good for you. :) Sleep well for a bit before finishing up homework, ugh, so glad that's past me. :P But anyway, hopefully you wake up in time to read more and are awake enough to do so!! ^_^ Don't forget to set an alarm, hehe. *hugs*

frenchhorn 06-09-2010 01:23 AM

i feel numb
want to cut to have some feeling

Kahlia1981 06-09-2010 01:33 AM

How do you know when it's time to run or time to just walk away???

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 01:35 AM

hmm =(

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 02:09 AM

Hmm anybody about?

frenchhorn 06-09-2010 02:11 AM

hi i'm about

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 02:29 AM

Hi Oliver. hmm sorry I wrote stuff out, but I can't make myself post it. Sorry

frenchhorn 06-09-2010 02:41 AM

send me a PM if you want
*offers hugs*

shadowedsoul 06-09-2010 02:54 AM

Hmm today being really tuff for me, can I just die and be with the one person that made everthing allright please? =(

taz35 06-09-2010 06:18 AM

*huggles Jill* No, you can't. Because then we wouldn't have you around anymore, and that would be a catastrophe! :)

*huggles Oliver* I hope you didn't cut <3 What got you so triggered?

*huggles Lia* I sometimes have conversations with whatever thoughts are in my mind. I don't know how to type it or speak of it so that it makes sense in the slightest... :/ But I'm 20 and still do it... whatever makes you happy :)

*huggles April* How did your day go?

*huggles Kahlia* I'm always in the fast mode, so my options are always to just run as fast as possible. I don't really stop to think.... so unfortunately no good advice coming from me :(

*huggles Felicia, Mark, Lindsay, Sarah, Laura... & all other wardies* I can't possibly name you all but I tried to get the ones who have posted most recently :/ Apologies if I left anyone out! Feel free to whack me...

Went over to my friend's to help him move into his new apartment. Makes me wish I was moving out, just because it seems like everyone around me is moving ahead with their lives so fast and I'm just stuck in one place, still struggling. And I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm tired of being a burden to everyone who's trying to help. If nothing changes, why even bother trying over and over? Sorry, I'll go ramble in my R/V instead of taking space in the ward. *huggles all*

misskitty112 06-09-2010 07:40 AM

I need to go to bed.
Instead I am watching a SI movie... and triggering myself.
Why???